• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weird Weather For November In North Carolina

Swing

tgd31968 said:
Swing, I will be in Pittsburgh today, so I can share some of your weather.

Pittsburgh has it made compared to the weather I get, and you probably get in Michigan. They get 2" of snow (which isn't very often), the city shuts down. In my area, local television stations are predicting anywhere from 6 inches to two feet of snow between now and Saturday morning (depending on location and where lake effect bands persist). By noon on Saturday we'll be shoveled out and going about our business, same as usual. :)

~Swing

RudyN

Finally! The weather here (Silicon Valley) yesterday was cool enough so I could wear my A2. I have only been able to wear it two or three times as I got it in May of this year. It is a US Wings Horsehide, but will have to do while I am waiting for my Gooodwear to be made.

Atticus

Well...with all due respects to Mr. Gore, we've been having a damn cold November here in Ca'lina. And it got that way all of a sudden. This week, night time temps have ranged from the mid-twenties to low-thirties. Yesterday's high was a whopping forty-four. Friday night, the temp is supposed to go down to twenty-two. And they're talking snow again on Friday. It flurried all day Tuesday.

Generally, I've been wearing my MA-1s. Today, though, the afternoon high is predicted to be in the mid-fifties, so I broke out a beater, E-series G-1. My office is on the north-west corner of our building and stays colder than a well digger's ass, so I'm happily wearing Navy leather as I write this.

AF

airfrogusmc

Geoff,

I remember a couple of chilly winters down there and nothing fun about flying touch and goes so a butter bar can get his hours when its 30 out and the cabin in a CH-46 is a wind tunnel.

Allen

Swing

Atticus said:
This week, night time temps have ranged from the mid-twenties to low-thirties. Yesterday's high was a whopping forty-four.

Man, if it stayed like that around here all winter, you wouldn't hear a word of complaint from me. ;)

I can't wait for January when highs are 15 to 20 degrees, and the wind makes it feel like zero. :( And of course one of the side zips on my B-6 broke last night. :roll:

~Swing

Chandler

Swing said:
Man, if it stayed like that around here all winter, you wouldn't hear a word of complaint from me. ;)

I hear that!

And, it's supposed to get to 15° here in the bootiful midwest tonight. High of 29° today, but only flurries -- not much in the way of lake effect here... waiting for the Alberta Clipper to make its debut.

The upside for me is, I have liquor! :)

Chandler

Swing

Swing said:
Pittsburgh has it made compared to the weather I get, and you probably get in Michigan. They get 2" of snow (which isn't very often), the city shuts down. In my area, local television stations are predicting anywhere from 6 inches to two feet of snow between now and Saturday morning (depending on location and where lake effect bands persist).

One foot down, another to go. I have no doubt they're be over two feet of snow on the ground by tomorrow morning. Maybe by this evening. :x

~Swing

Atticus

Well...true to predictions, its snowing here in New Bern this morning. It isn't sticking---yet---but its snowing like crazy. This is twice in four days. In November. And I'm here to tell you, this is some weird shit.

I know that many of you Yanks are laughing at my surprise at November snow. But y'all gotta understand... I live in balmy Dixie! This time of year I'm normally trout fishing Bogue Sound in jeans and a light windbreaker. If this keeps up, by December I'll be ice fishing Bogue Sound in a N-3B. Honestly, I heard on the news yesterday that our temps are currently running twenty degrees below normal.

So today I broke out the vintage nylon, again. I had planned to wear Clark's old C-series Star, but instead I'm wearing a 1960 John Ownbey MA-1. Black tag, green lining---in my opinion a solid but very understated jacket. And maybe later I'll fire up my quartz heater, put on some Christmas music, get a big cup of coffee and watch the snow drift by my office window.

Just like if I was one of y'all Yankees, too.

AF

Swing

Thank heaven! The sun is making an unexpected appearance right now. It will do a better job of clearing the snow off the roads than Penndot and the local township's half assed plowing attempts will.

~Swing

Burnsie

Hey Atticus, I was visiting my Mom in New Bern for Thanksgiving and it was almost NO jacket weather there Thursday and Friday!
Cold in Northern VA today - B-10 weather all the way.

Weasel_Loader

MA-1 weather out here in the SoCal desert for the mornings (36 degrees) but by 0900, I'm pulling it off to a nice 70 degree day.

usafwso

Please send a bit of cold weather to Nevada! Have only a few more days until I spend the next two months in Maui. No chance of a jacket there............