• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weird Weather For November In North Carolina

Atticus

I can't ever recall snow in Eastern North Carolina on my birthday, but since about ten this morning, we've been having flurries---and some of them have been fairly heavy. In fact, the temperature here is predicted to fall to the mid-twenties tonight. Just this past Sunday (as in, the day before yesterday) I was on the boat in my short shirt sleeves.

So I'm wearing a 1967 Satellite MA-1........

wisconsin162-2.jpg

....and it feels great. I love my leather jackets, but on a day like today its tough to beat vintage nylon. :cool:

AF

RudyN

Today where I live in Caifornia (Silicon Valley) the high was 77° F. Rough weather. ;)

Burnsie

Here in VA we got flurries and it was COLD...my wife is cool, when I came home in an A-2 she said "you should have worn the B-10"...awwwwww

Swing

Happy Birthday! Ready for AARP yet? ;)

Started snowing here late Saturday night. We've got a couple inches on the ground (though the snow belt north of us got more), high around freezing today, but it was windy so it felt a bit colder. B-15 over a flannel shirt, and I wouldn't have wanted to spend much time standing around outside.

~Swing

tgd31968

Swing said:
Happy Birthday! Ready for AARP yet? ;)

Started snowing here late Saturday night. We've got a couple inches on the ground (though the snow belt north of us got more), high around freezing today, but it was windy so it felt a bit colder. B-15 over a flannel shirt, and I wouldn't have wanted to spend much time standing around outside.

~Swing
where would that be, Swing?

Here in Michigan it has been cold and snowy for a couple of days. It is actually staying on the ground today, which is not usual for November in the Detroit area.
I wore my A-2 today, but it was not overly warm. The GF has clamied the MA-1, so I freeze until my B-3 arrives.
Terry

Atticus

Chris217 said:
Broke out the BR B-15c this morning! :D

Man I love that jacket!!!

I came close to wearing my Alpha Replica B-15C today because it was twenty-four degrees on my porch when I went out to feed the cat (Don't worry, Zoomer, Kaptainkat has a heated cat-house). Sadly though, I've lost enough weight that my B-15 is a bit large on me. It is a size 44, but it fits more like a 50 and it now pretty much swallows me.

AF

tgd31968

Atticus said:
Chris217 said:
Broke out the BR B-15c this morning! :D

Man I love that jacket!!!

I came close to wearing my Alpha Replica B-15C today because it was twenty-four degrees on my porch when I went out to feed the cat (Don't worry, Zoomer, Kaptainkat has a heated cat-house). Sadly though, I've lost enough weight that my B-15 is a bit large on me. It is a size 44, but it fits more like a 50 and it now pretty much swallows me.

AF

Yeah, I have tried on Alpha's that seemed 3 sizes bigger than tagged. So, I bought an older Medium since I wear medium shirts, and it fits but with not much extra room to spare. And, it rides up a bit in back when sitting, so hope the car seats are not too cold....

Swing, I will be in Pittsburgh today, so I can share some of your weather.

Terry

John Lever

- 5 deg. C predicted over the next few days in Souther England, with snow and wind so my ELC B-3 might get it's first outing.

zoomer

Atticus said:
(Don't worry, Zoomer, Kaptainkat has a heated cat-house).
kitty z sez "fang u...good human" for keeping Kaptain kozy.
2156143644_897e648ca9_m.jpg

OK, enough cutes. Iowa's getting a one day respite from the unseasonable chill. Forecast upper 40s today.

Duty jacket of late has been the RMNZ "McQueen," an unpatched RW 16159 in seal, which I just acquired of Marcvs66. It's a great layering A-2, stout but soft, with that classic RW high-backed collar that keeps the wind off nicely. Last night I wore it to give a short speech (well received) and then to dinner, with a merino pully over a turtleneck.

Today I'll try the same jacket with just a denim shirt.

Yes Marcvs, I promised pictures. The camera is working and the sun is shining.

TankBuster

It's been B-6 and B-10 weather here in MN with
highs in the mid 30's for the last few days.
The wind has been brutal though.

DJS48

The temperature in the morning and evening are finally getting to be "A-2 jacket weather" in South China. I have worn the Cable A-2 twice this week. The temperature this morning is a "brisk" 12c.

Regards,
Don

zoomer

32° and windy today, so I'm climbing back into the '444 as seen in the avatar.
No goggles or helmet tho. They call me enough names now, no need to add Adm. Byrd to the list.