• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

weak resale market?

zoomer

Pit-pit 25" (a standard fit size 46 or a mostly unheard-of mil-fit 48) is the single hardest size to come by in secondhand jackets. You'll see quite a few at 24", and the occasional 26" and up, but the demand for our size consistently exceeds the supply.

Bloodeagle

I mean oops someone paid way over price.
450 max.
As I said I washed it hot so it became very stiff, previously Bevan had badly shaved the fleece to make it fit. This pattern is very tight under the arms and has sheepskin gussets. Not a comfortable jacket
Ah thats interesting - I messaged the seller about this jacket when it was listed as igenerally 44/46 is my size - he gave me a full set of meaurements but I just couldnt understand how a supposed 46 could come up so short (quoted as 25") in the arms and body. I am very glad I passed now - he told me it was in 'immaculate' condition

Pilot

Ah thats interesting - I messaged the seller about this jacket when it was listed as igenerally 44/46 is my size - he gave me a full set of meaurements but I just couldnt understand how a supposed 46 could come up so short (quoted as 25") in the arms and body. I am very glad I passed now - he told me it was in 'immaculate' condition
Lucky you...John here described it all.

John Lever

Look at my post.....I washed it and shrunk from a 46 to a 42 !!

Mundele

Listed as mint......
Let's be accurate here. It was listed as "Immaculate" not "Mint". And it certainly is in immaculate condition - nobody has dribbled on it or been sick over it. It is in the same immaculate condition as when JL sold it in 2010, since when it has been stored in a moth proof cover and lightly treated once with Pecards.
Whether it is over-priced or not is entirely subjective. Clearly it is a very desirable Real McCoys jacket - hence JL was eager to buy it back at a higher price than he sold it in the first place.
The new owner will hopefully be delighted with it; and if not I'm sure they will sell it on - which is what we all do over and over again.

B-Man2

I just got a very lightly used Buzz Rickson M-65 for around £190. The guy only bought it last October and paid £450. That seems like a bit of a bargain to me?
Absolutely a great deal ... congrats
But wouldn't you have been even better off buying an original? ... They are around at less money.

MeachamLake

Absolutely a great deal ... congrats
But wouldn't you have been even better off buying an original? ... They are around at less money.

Probably, I couldn't really see any for sale in my part of the world in my size...plus I know the BR size XL fits me like a glove when I tried it at the popup!

I might see if I can get an original liner though. Presumably they should fit the BR jackets too!

B-Man2

Probably, I couldn't really see any for sale in my part of the world in my size...plus I know the BR size XL fits me like a glove when I tried it at the popup!

I might see if I can get an original liner though. Presumably they should fit the BR jackets too!
If you have a problem finding one let me know. They’re all over the place on this side of the puddle;)

Smithy

The way some having been putting their prices up over the last few years, I reckon there's a good chance that the resell market is going to strengthen over the foreseeable future.

ausreenactor

I am going to move a lot of my NWT Buzz Rickson and At The Front WWII stuff when I get home. With the exchange rate for Aussies in a good shape for selling internationally, the shipping better for overseas buyers and the nearly 3:4 ratio the conditions are set.

B-Man2

Zoomer
Did you try and put them up for sale before you donated them? I would have at least made an attempt to sell them. There's probably someone who's a bit hard up for cash who would love to have an A2 collectable or not.

ausreenactor

I have given away a couple of BR jackets over the years. One to a forum member here and another to a US based reenactor who lives and breathes US history. Works at the Antietam Battleground Museum.

Gestures are cool too. Tip the Karma scale your way for a bit.