• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

weak resale market?

Stony

I do need to chime in on the original Navy jacket thing. There are some AWESOME repros out there but unless one is on odd size, spending top dollar on a G-1 makes no sense to me as originals are so plentiful and selling for much less. For me, I ALWAYS want to wear the real thing if its an option and makes sense to wear.

Exactly!

Now pre 1969 G1s are mostly old and showing it...

But that's exactly the point. Wearing a repro that costs 2-3 times what an original costs is not prudent IMO, and as CBI said, originals are plentiful. I also don't want to wear a repro that looks like it just came off the assembly line. You can't replicate 50-75 years of patina.

Pilot

Top notch memorabilia, „Americania.“, Glamour... etc...( made by one of the best of the best.. at least in that time)...according to many here..and elsewhere.....
Bet it will sell within a glimpse ...
;)

John Lever

I mean oops someone paid way over price.
450 max.
As I said I washed it hot so it became very stiff, previously Bevan had badly shaved the fleece to make it fit. This pattern is very tight under the arms and has sheepskin gussets. Not a comfortable jacket

Southoftheborder

Exactly!

But that's exactly the point. Wearing a repro that costs 2-3 times what an original costs is not prudent IMO, and as CBI said, originals are plentiful. I also don't want to wear a repro that looks like it just came off the assembly line. You can't replicate 50-75 years of patina.

But as I said originals are not so plentiful on my side of the Atlantic. And it's an individual choice as to whether I want to wear old worn leather now at my age.

As GB Shaw once said: "Do not do unto others as you would have them do unto you; you may not have the same tastes."

Pilot

Sellers feedback may show some “little nip” soon....and/or its relisted...lets wait and see.

Pilot

Did you buy it ?
Sure not....now knowing its pedigree from here and the hat lounge....&&& ...
sorry..since I have access/can try them on anytime I wish... in shops in Japan ...places
where they sell the/ this this brand and the two other Jp. brands...almost untouched ...(just in case ) ... if I need one....but surely higher prices ....though...plus sizing is an issue...since above Asian 42”...nothing hardly available ....and and and ...Plus I am out of the funny repro “business” as already mentioned .. PLUS and besides all my jackets were (are ) 46”...but I love all comments about this specific jacket...from the past on the hat lounge and here and now.

I am in for a WW2 wearable original in pit to pit 24”-25”.Nothing worth mentioning it on the sales market right now...But I have time...and happy to reward for/ and to the right item.

Last edited: