• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WE GOT GOAT!!!!!

Hawkeye

rotenhahn said:
Chandler:
Looking at the Lost Worlds' examples,
You might as well look at an Avirex or schoot! Lost World's Dubow epaulets are ALL buggered up- nothing like an original Dubow. Most 27798s had epaulets like those in the two examples above- fat.

The original late-war contract Dubow I had last year had those fat epaulets as well, I'm assuming it was a feature that carried across most if not all their contracts.

Curahee

Clark J said:
Here it is as worn on the temple.
018.jpg

Not to be rainin' on your parade (jacket looks awesome) but those sleeves seem a little too long or am I wrong?

Chandler

Curahee said:
those sleeves seem a little too long or am I wrong?

Point of order -- he brought it up, I didn't.

Nonetheless, I like the hide. Maybe there's a hot water treatment planned?

Chandler

A

Anonymous

Chandler said:
Curahee said:
those sleeves seem a little too long or am I wrong?

Point of order -- he brought it up, I didn't.

Nonetheless, I like the hide. Maybe there's a hot water treatment planned?

Chandler

Nice as it is that jacket ain't a ww pattern. Or maybe it's the Robocop stance.

Tranquility Base,

I wish you wouldn't sugarcoat things so much and just come right out and tell us what you think!

I don't know how authentic the pattern is, but I'm a long limbed 48, too. ;) Jacket looks damned good to my inexpert eyes.

A

Anonymous

Clyde from Carolina said:
Tranquility Base,

I wish you wouldn't sugarcoat things so much and just come right and tell us what you think!

I don't know how authentic the pattern is, but I'm a long limbed 48, too. ;) Jacket looks damned good to my inexpert eyes.

I was just kidding, it looks terrific. Me love the arms!

jacketimp

Hawkeye said:
rotenhahn said:
Chandler:
Looking at the Lost Worlds' examples,
You might as well look at an Avirex or schoot! Lost World's Dubow epaulets are ALL buggered up- nothing like an original Dubow. Most 27798s had epaulets like those in the two examples above- fat.

The original late-war contract Dubow I had last year had those fat epaulets as well, I'm assuming it was a feature that carried across most if not all their contracts.

the 1163 contract that sold for $650? or is it a different jacket you're referring to?

269sqnhudson

Amazing goatskin, A-1.
A bit too much shoulder droop and I'd say the sleeves are a bit long but they will set in and wrinkle up a bit. I'm only pointing this out because non-GW jackets really get lambasted for shoulder droop.

jacketimp

269sqnhudson said:
Amazing goatskin, A-1.
A bit too much shoulder droop and I'd say the sleeves are a bit long but they will set in and wrinkle up a bit. I'm only pointing this out because non-GW jackets really get lambasted for shoulder droop.

A-1............i thought this was an A-2, a du bow repro???? ;)

aye..........but then JC could be working to the measurements given..........that begs the question.......was this bespoke or off-peg? :?

jacketimp

269sqnhudson said:
Amazing goatskin, A-1.
I'm only pointing this out because non-GW jackets really get lambasted for shoulder droop.

good point.........point taken.........touche'...........i'm sure there must be an xplanation for the phenomenon..............

Andrew

Grant said:
That's thee nicest Dubow repro I've seen yet!

Busshit! Mine is!! :twisted:

Phantastic looking leather Clark, if I wasn't such a phan of HH and watching the breakin happen I would definitely buy a Goat. It will be interesting to see how it ages. I presume the pattern is pretty much like mine being a 48, and I was initially worried about the sleeve shape having plenty of room, but after a week they had moulded and deflated and now they're perfect. Enjoy it!!

269sqnhudson

jacketimp said:
269sqnhudson said:
Amazing goatskin, A-1.

aye..........but then JC could be working to the measurements given..........that begs the question.......was this bespoke or off-peg? :?

sorry, "A-1" as in "top notch"

jacketimp

269sqnhudson said:
jacketimp said:
269sqnhudson said:
Amazing goatskin, A-1.

sorry, "A-1" as in "top notch"

i know, just love playin' with words......scrabble anyone??? ;)

rgraham

jacketimp said:
MikeyB-17 said:
Sleeves will ride up with a bit of wear and creasing. Should be fine.

good input........maybe owner can pix after a few months of honest hard wear!

I've owned a goatskin jacket for well over twenty years now, and after all that time and hard wear, the sleeves have not creased. At least not in an accordion type of way that would shorten the sleeve length. It has however seemed to shrink a bit around the belly area. ;)