• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WD 1944 lamp

jerome35

Most of time described as railways lantern:

But I think it was widely used in other purposes as signal lamp.

Pilot

Thx, so the WD 1944 means not much .
Good to know.
Edit, forgot...about 500 lanterns plus minus were found... so its believed from runway lighting during end of WW2...
Fontaine was a close to the front FAFL fighter planes airfield.. B-26, P-47, P-51...

Last edited:

ausreenactor

Good to know.
Edit, forgot...about 500 lanterns plus minus were found... so its believed from runway lighting during end of WW2...
Fontaine was a close to the front FAFL fighter planes airfield.. B-26, P-47, P-51...
WD is War Department and the broad arrow denotes military equipment.

Micawber

Good to know.

You answered your own question ;)

B-Man2

ForLorn
Unfortunately you’ve picked the wrong place to try and disrupt with your bullshit spamming and a complete ignorance and lack of knowledge of the significance of historical artifacts . MOVE ON!
662B10A5-E8BF-4C1C-9BFF-2E1769298A22.jpeg

Last edited:

Officer Dibley

Sad that it is sold now, but I have something on my mind. Do you guys think that all those vintage things are better than the new ones? I mean, are you one of those who say that an old BMW is better than a new one? If so, I have bad news for you! Do you even understand that a lamp like flag light is ten times better than any other old lamps? It’s enough to mention that it has solar panels, and you don’t need any energy in order to make it work, plus that it has a better design, and your vintage lamp sucks. I’m sorry, but there is an evolution going on, and you cannot ignore it!
Troll- fuck off and live your miserable life elsewhere. Jeez, there’s some sad people out there.
Bet mods will do bugger all as usual

Pilot

Sad that it is sold now, but I have something on my mind. Do you guys think that all those vintage things are better than the new ones? I mean, are you one of those who say that an old BMW is better than a new one? If so, I have bad news for you! Do you even understand that a lamp like flag light is ten times better than any other old lamps? It’s enough to mention that it has solar panels, and you don’t need any energy in order to make it work, plus that it has a better design, and your vintage lamp sucks. I’m sorry, but there is an evolution going on, and you cannot ignore it!
What happen to your hair?
“ gone with the wind?..”. same like your brains.:)

Micawber

Be off with you, be gone. Just like a stale fart you are not welcome to linger here. Shoo!