• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Way hay !

John Lever

I'm done I think !

Griffon_301

I saw that jacket in flesh when I paid a visit to the Clutch-Cafe 4 weeks ago;
personally, I did not like it, it looked rather toyish and not like anything Eastman produces B-3 wise;
if I had the choice, I would definitely go for an Eastman...but thats my personal taste only of course....

Griffon_301

well, I own a nearly 25 years old B-3 from Eastman and it looked and looks nowhere near the BR B-3 I have seen at Clutch-Cafe;

stanier

I have a hunch that Eastman make at least some of Buzz’s A-2 product now for them. Could be wrong of course, and it doesn’t matter a hill of beans, but just a hunch based on various pieces I’ve read. And there’d be no issue using different leathers etc for different output and actually quite sensible. I’m sure Buzz sub-contract lots of their catalogue given its breadth.

On the subject of that B-3, price excepted I prefer the Buzz jacket. For the same reasons bizarrely. Much as I like the look of the Eastman’s, I find the thin leather straps and dry surface finish toy like and less durable and the fleece wears too quickly around the cuffs particularly for my taste. The ones I’ve had just don’t feel like a robust jacket a waist gunner in a B-17 would have worn; it’d be ready for replacement in a short time. For me the Eastman is a good looking but compromised B-3 repro. That Buzz jacket on the other hand I suspect would age like an original with same sort of wear.

MeachamLake

I really hate the nearly orange looking leather Buzz uses on their sheepskin jackets, it just looks weird - especially on their B-6.

On the subject of sheepskins John, what do you make of the Real McCoy's Japan stuff? When I handled some of it in their shop in London I honestly couldn't discern any major differences between their stuff and Aero - well, apart from the astronomical price. I'm no expert but the sheepskin itself felt very similar - quite pliable and soft when brand new - especially when compared to ELC which seems more crinkly and stiff.

John Lever

I really hate the nearly orange looking leather Buzz uses on their sheepskin jackets, it just looks weird - especially on their B-6.

On the subject of sheepskins John, what do you make of the Real McCoy's Japan stuff? When I handled some of it in their shop in London I honestly couldn't discern any major differences between their stuff and Aero - well, apart from the astronomical price. I'm no expert but the sheepskin itself felt very similar - quite pliable and soft when brand new - especially when compared to ELC which seems more crinkly and stiff.
Aero are using the best skins. They are soft and pliable with nice shine with great fleece, if the fleece were a shade or two les white they would be even better.
I think McCoys use Colimer tannery who were recently bought out by Chanel......
I dont like dull dead fleece and doubt it was ever seen in WW2.
If Aero have stopped doing donut cuff B3's then that would be my choice.

John Lever

I have a hunch that Eastman make at least some of Buzz’s A-2 product now for them. Could be wrong of course, and it doesn’t matter a hill of beans, but just a hunch based on various pieces I’ve read. And there’d be no issue using different leathers etc for different output and actually quite sensible. I’m sure Buzz sub-contract lots of their catalogue given its breadth.

On the subject of that B-3, price excepted I prefer the Buzz jacket. For the same reasons bizarrely. Much as I like the look of the Eastman’s, I find the thin leather straps and dry surface finish toy like and less durable and the fleece wears too quickly around the cuffs particularly for my taste. The ones I’ve had just don’t feel like a robust jacket a waist gunner in a B-17 would have worn; it’d be ready for replacement in a short time. For me the Eastman is a good looking but compromised B-3 repro. That Buzz jacket on the other hand I suspect would age like an original with same sort of wear.
Nice old ones come up from time to time