• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watches to wear with your flight jackets...

mulceber

I agree! It's a bit frustrating that Buzz opted for a full-on automatic watch, but given that every other repro I've seen (tbh, I can't say I've left no stone un-turned) is a quartz watch, I thought it was the best option for a repro. Although, tbh, I've found I basically DO have to wind the watch every day. I don't know if the automatic rotor weight is stuck, but I don't hear it moving like I do with the Omega, and if I don't wind the Buzz every day, I find that it starts slowing down a lot. So, my default is to wind it when I get up every morning. :)

busdrivermike

This month I’m wearing my vintage omega seamaster , hand winder
I had a fellow bus driver give it to me, it was his first watch and
He wasn’t wearing it anymore but he wanted it to go to someone who would
Care for it and Who would wear it , it’s even still on the bracelet he put on it decades ago

C5533F81-1513-425F-97CE-1FF12409F883.jpeg

JonnyCrow

No I didn't subscribe to the hype haha my wife bought me it as a gift, she said I thought you might like it, she actually bought my fav though, mission to Mars, it's a bit of a fun watch though but I have automatic, mechanical watches also, modern and vintage :D
MVIMG_20230310_094557.jpg

Pa12

Timex are inexpensive quartz watches, but they’re very reliable. I always wore a timex for work so I didn’t have to worry about scratching up an expensive watch. Think I paid around 100 bucks for the expedition 3 or 4 years ago.
So you can get the look fairly cheap if you’re not concerned with what’s going inside the watch. ;)

johnwayne

Really like Mulceber’s Grandfathers Omega! I’ve always preferred the look of square/rectangular watches especially some of the early Hamiltons. Then there’s the iconic square McQueen Tag Heuer.
My modest collection here from on the left my daily wearer the Seiko, my genuine Tag Monaco and 4 fakes!! Had a quote this week to service the Tag, £540, 10-12 weeks to do and extra to polish the glass.
Have to say the fakes from Turkey are excellent and would happily pass on if ever some troubled soul threatened me!!

Attachments

• 19DD9C28-9597-4520-B1CC-741BA5F3E28F.jpeg
    19DD9C28-9597-4520-B1CC-741BA5F3E28F.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 77

JonnyCrow

Really like Mulceber’s Grandfathers Omega! I’ve always preferred the look of square/rectangular watches especially some of the early Hamiltons. Then there’s the iconic square McQueen Tag Heuer.
My modest collection here from on the left my daily wearer the Seiko, my genuine Tag Monaco and 4 fakes!! Had a quote this week to service the Tag, £540, 10-12 weeks to do and extra to polish the glass.
Have to say the fakes from Turkey are excellent and would happily pass on if ever some troubled soul threatened me!!
Nice watches, as for fakes from Turkey, I can vouch for that, haha bought this from a shop in Marmaris a few years ago ;) saw a few good ones in Casablanca also, shops like that would be shot here haha
MVIMG_20230315_123047.jpg

johnwayne

The shop in Turkey is called the Original Fake Watch shop! Most retail around the £130-150 range but you can get cheaper fakes and if you ask, some tucked away are the absolute best fakes - some you can see on YouTube. Guy I know bought a special edition Michael Schumacher watch that even came with proper fake box and numbered certificate - can’t recall make or price but looked pretty special! As to the legality, I really don’t know how they get away with it.

JonnyCrow

The shop in Turkey is called the Original Fake Watch shop! Most retail around the £130-150 range but you can get cheaper fakes and if you ask, some tucked away are the absolute best fakes - some you can see on YouTube. Guy I know bought a special edition Michael Schumacher watch that even came with proper fake box and numbered certificate - can’t recall make or price but looked pretty special! As to the legality, I really don’t know how they get away with it.
I've heard of it, friend of mine bought a 007 Special edition Omega and a Planet Ocean, I saw them, amazing fakes, as for Casablanca jeez I was fooled by them, and I handled some of them, especially Patek philippe nautilus and a Panerai Marina, don't know how they get away with it either, tourists were all over them in Casablanca

JonnyCrow

Big business in Turkey this is in Bodrum
fake-watch-shop-in-turkey-in-bodrum-v0-tsrw05qwjww91.jpg

johnwayne

I’m back later this year in Sept although whether I buy another watch I doubt but yes the PP Nautilus might come into consideration!!!