• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watches to wear with your flight jackets...

Pilot

GOOOOOOODDD MOOORRRRNNNING VIETNAM
0B529DE3-3976-47DF-B047-F8A313CE9238.jpeg

coolhandluke

This gorgeous watch arrived in the mail today from a member of Watchuseek...

20221121_140703.jpg

It's Hamilton's modern interpretation of their 70's era RAF pilot chronographs. I removed the OEM bracelet and installed it on a Haveston single pass canvas strap (M-1918 color). Specs are in the link below for any interested WIS's.

Pilot

Not really a watch… but worn by 99.9% of the Luftwaffe aces..
AK39 Armkompass…
Display showing our Japan ( sale ) version incl. Fliegerhandschuhe gefüttert and scarf ( rabbit fur lined gloves and polka dot Luftwaffe scarf) for the Hartmann cycliste … merry X-Mas to all.
BEA0E7AC-0E9E-43A4-BB44-213EF902935F.jpeg
7D7F11EB-890C-469E-9D3B-17C4CD634F08.jpeg

coolhandluke

DWC F-01 pilot watch (IWC MK XVIlI homage). My wife purchased this watch kit for me for Christmas. It came partially assembled (sapphire crystal was already pressed into case and crown/stem was already fitted). Assembly took less than an hour. Hand installation was the only remotely challenging part of the process.

20230104_113733.jpg

bn1966

Currently into G Shocks when working or out with the hound, better weather & leisure should see the trusty Omega Seamaster jump in on the action.

Kermit3D

This gorgeous watch arrived in the mail today from a member of Watchuseek...

View attachment 86542

It's Hamilton's modern interpretation of their 70's era RAF pilot chronographs. I removed the OEM bracelet and installed it on a Haveston single pass canvas strap (M-1918 color). Specs are in the link below for any interested WIS's.

Awesome ! I love this Hamilton chronograph.

Kermit3D

Not really a watch… but worn by 99.9% of the Luftwaffe aces..
AK39 Armkompass…
Display showing our Japan ( sale ) version incl. Fliegerhandschuhe gefüttert and scarf ( rabbit fur lined gloves and polka dot Luftwaffe scarf) for the Hartmann cycliste … merry X-Mas to all.View attachment 91249View attachment 91251

The compass is a classic, one day I will look for one (not my priority for the moment).
What's that cyclist jacket ? It looks like it fits me... :D

mulceber

Finally have some watches that I can contribute to this thread. :)
ECE7AC41-8BF9-42DF-9634-A99B04A2AF90_1_102_o.jpeg

Left to Right:
  • Buzz Rickson A-11 with a NOS American Strap Co. watchband
  • Omega purchase by my Grandmother for my Grandfather, I believe when he got his first job after recovering from The Pacific.
  • Apple Watch - ok, not really brag-worthy, but it fills out the collection. :D

MaydayWei

Finally have some watches that I can contribute to this thread. :)
View attachment 100179
Left to Right:
  • Buzz Rickson A-11 with a NOS American Strap Co. watchband
  • Omega purchase by my Grandmother for my Grandfather, I believe when he got his first job after recovering from The Pacific.
  • Apple Watch - ok, not really brag-worthy, but it fills out the collection. :D
Hey Jan,

Left field suggestion, but hear me out.
Original A-11s were manual wind, never automatic.
I believe the Buzz A-11 Repro is an Automatic; correct me if I'm wrong!
As such, I'd take the A-11 to a competent watchmaker and have him unscrew the case back and remove the automatic rotor weight; thus, effectively turning the watch into a manual wind A-11; as they would have been!