• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watches to wear with your flight jackets...

coolhandluke

Still wearing a humble ex British army issue G10 complete with scratches and 'patina' although I have just treated it to a new NATO strap...

View attachment 82433

Good choice on the NATO strap. I have an Erika's "Connery" strap on my Khaki that has the same color scheme.

20220719_113656.jpg

Ed Rooney

I know that this sounds like BS but it’s absolutely true. I have the same G-Shock that I got in 1989 and it’s still keeping accurate time and I’ve never changed the battery. This is a no shit true story.
I hear stories like this every so often. The big battery drains are the light, and the alarm/beep. If you did not do much of that, the battery tends to go for a long time. That and you happened to get a good lithium.

I have a solar g-shock, so no battery worries. The one from the pic is a new one from the PX, ordered online.

Pilot

I hear stories like this every so often. The big battery drains are the light, and the alarm/beep. If you did not do much of that, the battery tends to go for a long time. That and you happened to get a good lithium.

I have a solar g-shock, so no battery worries. The one from the pic is a new one from the PX, ordered online.
100% agree…very sturdy and rugged.
My Casio’s issued to me end of 1980 early 90ies
I don’t wear them anymore.
Photo from my PC.
975EC36A-EE86-4126-8916-23DF5055E7D5.jpeg

JonnyCrow

These are mine, I don't wear them much anymore but this topic made me want to wear them again.
View attachment 85524
I used to have watch mania haha I only have 3 or 4 now, my fav is a old Wilsons New York 60's black face skin diver watch with a Bond/NATO style strap, works beautifully still though, just the lume doesn't power so good

coolhandluke

Nethuns Scuba 500...it's just an entry level Chinese microbrand using a Seiko NH35 movement, but has some decent specs for the cost. I really like the Tudor Black Bay-esque styling in a Seiko 62 Mas type case. It came on a silicone strap, which I replaced with a riveted Tudor style bracelet from Strapcode. The photo makes it look much larger on the wrist than it actually appears in person.

20221108_113729.jpg

20221108_164103.jpg

Last edited: