• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watches to wear with your flight jackets...

Enigma1938

Wearing this milestone in technology right now because I gave it a new battery today.
20211129_195517.jpg
Would be great to wear with some nylon flight jackets, in the best case some nasa jackets ;)

B-Man2

No worries at all, its a 1000% legit Omega from the end of 40’s early 50’s.This is a civilian version Cal. 283 of a legit US ARMY version from the same period of time.
A great craftsmanship Omega watch.
Congrats!
Brice
As usual you’ve come to my rescue . :)
Thank you for that info .

Kermit3D

No worries at all, its a 1000% legit Omega from the end of 40’s early 50’s.This is a civilian version Cal. 283 of a legit US ARMY version from the same period of time.
A great craftsmanship Omega watch.
Congrats!

Are the needles correct ? I had a doubt.
Brice your knowledge always impresses me !

Kermit3D

For the moment it is still out of budget for me... But here is the chronograph I would love to own before the price goes up too much (it is a limited edition).
I can't afford an original Hanhart or Tutima chronograph, and I simply won't dare to wear it... so I think the best alternative is this modern Tutima (limited edition 1941).
The dimensions are the same as the original chronographs unlike the modern Hanhart.

On the left the modern version, and on the right the original.

Tutima-Flieger-Friday-Chronograph-1.jpg

Pilot

Great!
A nice watch.... and 42mm is easier to wear than 55mm on the original watch. ;)
All WWII Hanhart Tutima’s/ Glashütte Chronos have a diam of 41mm ( even 39mm)
The Beobachter Uhr … “ B-Uhr” has 53/55mm depending on the maker… IWC/Laco/Stowa/ Zenith…
Stay safe and healthy!

kirova

My every day watch since 2 years : a Laco Aachen 42, here with a Stowa strap, I've also got the original strap, and a "pilot strap" but they are a bit bigger and not as easy to wear every day. I love this design.

I recently got the 39mm version, as even 42mm is too big for my tiny wrist :p

I might buy a "pilot strap" from Laco further down the track, the new flat thin rivet strap just not my thing.

Would love to get one of the "Original" one day, but hard to justify spending $1k on a watch...........

For the moment it is still out of budget for me... But here is the chronograph I would love to own before the price goes up too much (it is a limited edition).
I can't afford an original Hanhart or Tutima chronograph, and I simply won't dare to wear it... so I think the best alternative is this modern Tutima (limited edition 1941).
The dimensions are the same as the original chronographs unlike the modern Hanhart.

I only have their Russian "cousin", I posted the photos of them a few pages back I think.

Anyway, is the price still going go? Many years ago Hanhart and Tutima raised the price of these watches by $1k overnight "just because", if I weren't going to buy one ar $2k, I definitely not buying one at $3k :D

Kermit3D

I always wanted to have a type A-11 watch but they are becoming difficult to find in good condition and completely original.
So I contacted Brice (@Pilot ), who knows a lot about it, and he sold me one of his.

It is a wonderful Bulova in excellent condition. It is one of the rare ones with a sterling silver case, unlike the other models in chromed brass.

Brice had the watch fully serviced before sending it by his watchmaker. The watch works perfectly and keeps the time very well.

The overhaul took a little longer than expected (which didn't bother me). When I opened the package I received this morning, I found, in addition to the watch, a bottle of white wine from Alsace ! :)
I've said it before but Brice is a real gent. Doing business with him is a real pleasure.
Thanks again Brice ! I will drink this bottle to your health ! ;)

DSC_4271.jpg

DSC_4296.jpg

DSC_4277.jpg

CA7DD276-F4CA-4259-BCA6-3977B35ABFEB.jpeg

Last edited:

Bremspropeller

On the left the modern version, and on the right the original.

Tutima-Flieger-Friday-Chronograph-1.jpg

I have both the 1941 and the F2 (automatic with three sub-dials). Very nice watches - even though they don't come with the original asymmetric pushers. Those are a feature of the current hanharts.
The current hanharts do look bad, though. It's a shame Tutima discontinued the Fliegerchronographs - their Grand Fliegers of today don't look a bit like the originals.

I retired both of them for everyday carry, though. I had trashed the 1941's crown-spring and the F2's crown-thread had worn off due to usage. The latter wasn't a big deal, but the 1941's repair cost a bit of money.
I'm wearing a Seiko SRPG 39K1 as a daily rocker now, keeping the Tutimas for more special occasions.