• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watches to wear with your flight jackets...

Willy McCoy

20210723_174411.jpg

Bureau of Aeronautics Special Devices Division. 38mm case 39mm bezel with a riveted bracelet.

Last edited:

warguy

Three of my favorites, a Breitling Navitimer 8, Rolex Sub and Omega 300m diver. The Navitimer is my favorite to compliment a jacket, just a classic cockpit design. I have a two tone Navitimer on a leather strap as well that is great with a flight jacket.
9BF1802B-D83A-493B-9839-03ABAE7E779B.jpeg

Kermit3D

Here is a watch that I would love to own one day : The Longines "MAJETEK"

This watch was worn by Czech Air Force pilots who fought in the RAF during the Battle of Britain. It was commonly known as the "MAJETEK" because of the inscription engraved on their back "MAJETEK VOJENSKÉ PRÁVI" meaning "Property of the military aviation".
Here is a small summary of the history of this watch (which comes from this article in French)

"When on March 15, 1939, the German troops marched on Czechoslovakia, no resistance was opposed to them, as had been agreed in the Munich agreements (September 30, 1938) between the French and the English, on the one hand, and Hitler and Mussolini, on the other.
The German army then entered Czechoslovakia and annexed the Sudetenland (territories of German minorities in Bohemia-Moravia). Hitler rectifies, on his own, the country's borders while waiting to conquer it completely.
In the weeks that followed, thousands of Czech soldiers and pilots fled to France, whose rapid fall then led them to England, the last line of defense between democracy and fascism.
During this time, the Czech air force was seized and reused by the Luftwaffe, and Czechoslovak factories were converted to produce German engines and planes. The "MAJETEK" watches suffered the same fate and were confiscated only to end up on the wrists of the Axis pilots.
All? except those worn by die-hard escaped pilots who joined the ranks of the English RAF in June 1940.

The Czech president, then in exile in London, submitted a memorandum to the English government, urging it to let the Czech pilots participate in the air defense of England. The Czech pilots who had joined the RAF were experienced and thirsty for revenge while the British needed new recruits to fight the Nazi blitzkrieg and win the battle of Britain which was about to break out."

czech-air-force-majetek-longines-lemania-eterna.jpg

dsc_9017.jpg

dsc_8910.jpg

dsc_8918.jpg

MAJETEK-VOJENSK%C3%89-PR%C3%81VI.jpg

MikeyB-17

Apollo 10’s Lunar Module was called Snoopy, and the Command/service module was called Charlie Brown. Charles Schulz was a big supporter of the space programme, and allowed them to use Snoopy’s likeness for their safety award for free, including drawing the Snoopy the astronaut image.