• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watches to wear with your flight jackets...

Ed Rooney

Yeah, but thick. 43mm isn’t a hockey puck anymore. The 8500 and later Planet Oceans are really thick and run 45mm wide.

Here my slightly smaller, slightly older 16600.

Not the biggest... only 43mm in diam. without crown.
The Ralf Tech WRX is bigger...
They are also called the “ELC wristlet knits killer”:)

Attachments

• 807315F6-6E88-4F65-9981-23D5B1AE1064.jpeg
    807315F6-6E88-4F65-9981-23D5B1AE1064.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 172

Ed Rooney

I have watches that are more valuable, but I really love this one.

View attachment 42561

I’m the same way. I’m firmly in the Seiko fan club. I’m not into expensive watches. I’m into great watches. If a great watch is a $100 Seiko 5, or a $50 Casio, then that is what I want. I don’t care about luxury, or even know what is meant by “luxury” in the watch world.
3FEA5800-9294-4899-B1B3-94BCAF60FB73.jpeg
9B6DA3EE-46A8-4292-A830-9028B7F7685D.jpeg

Last edited:

Pilot

My all time favorite...and not highly priced... BENRUS DTU-2A/P... with its robust ETA movement...
The ( issued watch ) “best friend”
C8C120EA-ACA9-42A4-979B-975DADB48FE7.jpeg
of most of the Vietnam war US and South Vietnam pilots.
A real classic military pilot watch and a full daily wearer...robust and accurate.

Last edited:

B-Man2

My all time favorite...and not highly priced... BENRUS DTU-2A/P... with its robust ETA movement...
The ( issued watch ) “best friend”View attachment 42566 of most of the Vietnam war US and South Vietnam pilots.
A real classic militaria pilot watch and a full daily wearer...robust and accurate.
Looks like it’s in mint condition as well....Nice!

London Cabbie

Micawber

Keeps time, glows in the dark, Submariner style & it’s called ‘Reginald’... £18.00

£15.89 5% Off | Man Watch 2020 Top Brand Reginald Watch Men Sports Watches Rotatable Bezel GMT Sapphire Glass Date Stainless Steel Watch Gifts

A watch called Reginald. Is there one one called Ronald too? Reggie and Ronnie watches....

Griffon_301

Got me this one recently...my new (nearly) daily wearer....
On a sidenote, my significant other got me the also recently launched reissue A-15 Elapsed Time Watch... Fits perfectly to all the repro flight jackets I own :) (ok bar the newer L-2s) :D

Attachments

• 20200831_122155.jpg
    20200831_122155.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 148

Saint-ex

I agree. On the other hand, beyond luxury, and the image that a watch can send back, if you compare a Seiko 5 with a watch from a watchmaker, you can appreciate the finesse of the details, the balance of the whole ...

I have several watches, from 50 bucks Russian Diver to Omega and Rolex.
These little Seiko 5 are great value for money. A real mechanical watch with charm for less $ than a fashion watch with a no name quartz.
But I also appreciate the details of a dial of a watch worth several thousand bucks.

For years I thought it was only to show, and the day I put one on my wrist I understood what could justify putting such in a watch. o_O