• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watches to wear with your flight jackets...

jrsheairs

Laco B-Uhr B Fleiger. WWII Luftwaffe replica.
D12DEF45-0DC1-4636-AAE6-FD97DA93E3F5.jpeg

B-Man2

It seems like there’s a wealth of knowledge and interest in watches here on the forum. Is offering them for sale on the forum permitted? I don’t have one for sale , just asking.
It might be of interest to some to permit that if it hasn’t been done before.

Last edited:

stanier

It seems like there’s a wealth of knowledge and interest in watches here on the forum. Is offering them for sale on the forum permitted? I don’t have one for sale , just asking.

I certainly hope so B-man2! That would be very handy. Someone must have an A-11 to the same standard as the Dunhill I've found they might be willing to part with!:)

Pilot

Happy to help you out.
Have all A-11 and A-17 (A ) brands : Bulova, Elgin, Hamilton, Waltham, contracts from 1942-1945..( Korea, Vietnam ...) .ORD ...and Navigational ( hack) watches...
Prices ranging from 250 Euro to 400 Euro ...DHL goes extra.
PM welcome.

Last edited:

Pilot

Thx for all PM‘s
Please be kindly advised , no more Bulova Sterling A-11 left.... most of the others still available...
Thx. for your interest., Thx to buyers.

Last edited:

Ed Rooney

Here are some of mine.

The Alsta Jaws watch is gone. Someone made me an offer I could not refuse, which was coincidentally about what I paid for the Rolex Sea-Dweller. Pretty good for a $50 ebay find.

The blue casio is cheap and eats batteries, so I don't feed it any more.

The Omega DeVille is from my birth year, and is my dress-up watch.

The Seiko SKX007 is insanely awesome for $150.

I sold off the Planet Ocean and wish I hadn't.

The Sea-Dweller is the lifetime watch that I will hand down to my son. I usually wear it on a nylon military strap now, on the rare occasion that I wear a watch.

Not pictured:

My main watch for 20 years was a Seiko 7a28 Chronograph, similar to the RAF issue watch from the 80's. I flew with this about 95% of the time in the military. The other 5% were Casio G-shocks.

I found a Titanium Citizen Skyhawk in a thrift shop for $10. I guess the owner did not know to charge it in the sun.

3 or 4 other digitals.

Attachments

• IMG_3338.JPG
    IMG_3338.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 164

Ed Rooney

I would be happy to see you Seiko 7A28-7120 @Ed Rooney

It's a 7a28-7049, from the Fort Meade PX in 1987. The metal bracelet was worn out by showering with the watch* for many years, so here is is on a Bond strap. I'd like to pick up a notched rally strap for this watch.

* Showering with the watch introduces soap into the pins that hold the links together. The soap mixes with other gunk (like skin cells and dirt) and ends up creating an abrasive mix which wears down the pins until the bracelet fails.

Attachments

• IMG_3246.JPG
    IMG_3246.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 168