• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watches to wear with your flight jackets...

bazelot

@Pilot, I didn't wear any watches when i was using the Famas so I can't compare. I could still probably dissemble and reassemble that thing in record time though. Loved that gun. Which unit were you in? I was in the 13th RDP

Pilot

.....The rest is not for public...
I have your insigna... traded it...
2ABD99E3-34D7-4270-9B98-B0DA84B1EA4D.jpeg

Last edited:

B-Man2

Personally I own a Rolex and an Omega. I have sent my Rolex in for servicing, not a repair but the recommended servicing and the cost was ridiculous at $900. That’s a complete Rip off as far as I’m concerned because Rolex raises their fees about 20 percent every 3 years for the same services . My Omega which I’ve owned for 10 years has never been serviced . With the cost of 3 Rolex services I can buy a new Omega.

Last edited:

zoomer

I don't own this watch. Just post to share this beautiful Rodium plated C.18.72 based movt "Rare Longines Avigation U.S. Hack wristwatch"
You really get a sense of the pocket-watch size and feel in this photo. Supposedly some airmen carried the A-7 in a pocket, but the lugs were not removable, and there was no bow to attach a chain.
Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 4.42.18 PM.png

Last edited:

busdrivermike

This week we are going with one of my favorites, the orient star airplane
A fantastic watch made by orient watches, well made solid running automatic
Aviation inspired sub dials, the design is styled to look the nose of an engine cowl
Rivet style markings on the display case back.
‘I’ve had this beauty for about 6 years maybe more
43mm diameter with out crown, 14mm thick
DBB13E81-D011-40FC-AC7D-C0D0E5ADBE4B.jpeg
B1C93D4D-1A04-48A7-A58E-2BA978135888.jpeg
401FB1B1-E98C-4CCB-99DE-F3D26257807E.jpeg

petermack09

So much for enjoying my Hamilton field khaki,,it has been making a clicking noise on winding since I got it 8 months ago and has now just went twang,,crown now just spins,,waiting on the jewellery shops opening so can get it looked at,had kept fantastic time up to blowing up though :-(

Micawber

So much for enjoying my Hamilton field khaki,,it has been making a clicking noise on winding since I got it 8 months ago and has now just went twang,,crown now just spins,,waiting on the jewellery shops opening so can get it looked at,had kept fantastic time up to blowing up though :-(

Mainspring gone west.... ?

kirova

all these talk of Rolxes and Omegas made me feel I have failed at life lol

here's something more budget friendly :)

Traser P6500 navigator watch, the "civilian version" of the supposedly military issued SandY P650 (which does not have the date window)

my main go to watch for the last 10 years, cheap (got it like around $50 on ebay brand new), light weight, 10mm thick, no blings, just a simple straight forward watch (and most importantly, doesn't look ridiculously oversized on my tiny wrist :)).

The tritium illumination was only supposed to last for around 10 years, but it is still going strong, I got the watch at probably 06 or 07, back of the watch says it was manufactured at 2004.

View attachment DSC_1131.JPG

View attachment DSC_1134.JPG

Last edited:

Micawber

Traser P6500 navigator watch, the "civilian version" of the supposedly military issued SandY P650 (which does not have the date window)

my main go to watch for the last 10 years, cheap (got it like around $50 on ebay brand new), light weight, 10mm thick, no blings, just a simple straight forward watch (and most importantly, doesn't look ridiculously oversized on my tiny wrist :)).

The tritium illumination was only supposed to last for around 10 years, but it is still going strong, I got the watch at probably 06 or 07, back of the watch says it was manufactured at 2004.

View attachment 35578

View attachment 35579

If it keeps time accurate enough for your needs and you like it, that is the only thing that counts :)

33-1729

View attachment 35578

View attachment 35579

I like the Rolex Sea-Dweller a lot, but my current tool watch is a Divex.

divex_gents_professional_200m_watch_dd260052_1000x1000.jpg

Officer Dibley

Posted before i know but .... Had my GMT I from new 38 years ago.
Been all over the world with me.
I’m not here to get pissy and slag other makes off. It’s like cars, individual choice but they all meet the same work specification.
Whatever you have, enjoy it and leave others to enjoy theirs. Why do otherwise ?

D1DD65F6-BF0D-49F4-9799-05E2C13BD9A8.jpeg
CE682CA7-17DF-492A-AAAE-DC5EE48D72C3.jpeg

MikeyB-17

Posted before i know but .... Had my GMT I from new 38 years ago.
Been all over the world with me.
I’m not here to get pissy and slag other makes off. It’s like cars, individual choice but they all meet the same work specification.
Whatever you have, enjoy it and leave others to enjoy theirs. Why do otherwise ?

View attachment 35620View attachment 35621
Pepsi GMT, the one I’d have if I was buying a Rolex.

busdrivermike

This week we strapped on my customized seiko 007 , about ten years ago I realized
That seiko parts could be interchangeable, so I purchased some parts and my watchmaker
Assembled them for me, I actually painted the seconds hand, I call it the seiko busdriverdiver
It’s called that as I was actively driving a city bus at the time, tomorrow I start computer training
To be reassigned under a duty to accommodate o_O
on a google search in images it actually comes up, that’s kinda cool
A64950BF-7CB7-4DA8-83F5-CFAFFA775DE3.jpeg