• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watches to wear with your flight jackets...

Saint-ex

Here is the second hand.

MikeyB-17

Treated myself to this today. Came with a bracelet, but I seldom wear them, so fished out an old Seiko rubber strap until I can get a better one. It's a big lump but I like that. I know Willard's didn't have the gold bits in Apocalypse Now, but hey, black and gold are Cornish colours.
DSC_0463.JPG

Clark J

Picked up this new Airman . This is a great period watch and is dead on for size and dial . I had a mint gen Airman 15 years ago that I sold because I didn’t understand the watch. The lumed hands are just a normal 12 hr watch with the chrome hand is the 24hr hand . For under $500 bucks I would pick one up !!!

Attachments

• E3EF07D4-8492-4A3A-B5CE-1EA2CBEBCA44.jpeg
    E3EF07D4-8492-4A3A-B5CE-1EA2CBEBCA44.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 235

Smithy

Treated myself to this today. Came with a bracelet, but I seldom wear them, so fished out an old Seiko rubber strap until I can get a better one. It's a big lump but I like that. I know Willard's didn't have the gold bits in Apocalypse Now, but hey, black and gold are Cornish colours.
View attachment 32774

Don't have one myself but I know a few chaps who have those "old school" Seiko divers and swear by them. And it's healthy to treat oneself from time to time, essential even Mikey ;-)

MikeyB-17

You’re not wrong there Tim. I trashed a couple of Seikos when I was wreck diving, eventually switched to Casio G-Shocks, which were cheaper, more accurate and less prone to damage, but I still love the Seiko divers, owned I don’t know how many, but I’ve fancied a ‘Turtle’ for a while now. Really liking it so far.

Pilot

Agree the Turtle is a great time piece.
It has one big problem though...
Its very sensitive to magnetic radiation...
To new gen. of Smartphones, PC‘s , new gen. of industrial computers , Cockpit‘s and others emitting radio waves...
Need to demagnetize it every month...
Here next to my beloved Pelagos...
FA223B44-78C9-418E-99DF-9892B80E4DF1.jpeg
E7170C3B-D97D-477F-9C35-55F1B843ACCE.jpeg

Clark J

Got the sterling Bulova back today with the correct NOS sweep second hand ! Now all is good , got the Bronson C-2 and the 352nd Eastman on too !!

Attachments

• 8755ED06-DD56-4137-A04A-F75A2AA645A0.jpeg
    8755ED06-DD56-4137-A04A-F75A2AA645A0.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 205

petermack09

Some time ago there was a hanhart for sale here & was also on eBay,,trying to find out if it sold ,thanks peter