• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watches to wear with your flight jackets...

Pilot

A few ( non A-11) Vietnam war period watches....
From early 60s to 1971...
279D190E-D6EE-400B-A21A-66BBBDE32D5A.jpeg

Edward

I got really lucky and found a 'buy it now' post on eBay last July almost just as it was posted for an Elgin Whiteface A-11 and thought there must have been a mistake... but I took a chance and got it for only $200.00! I don't think the guy knew just what he had... It runs great, excellent condition other than the backside is slightly worn from having been on the metal watchband. the crown is worn a bit with minor scratches on the case but otherwise very well kept. still keeps time. I rarely wear it for fear of damaging it. lol!

U.S. ARMY A.C.
Watch Navigation Hack
Type A-11 Ser.No. 42-10791
Ord.No. W535ac-18210
Spec.No. 94-27834
Mfgrs.Part No. 1768
ELGIN

ElginAC1.jpg
ElginAC2.jpg
ElginAC3.jpg
ElginAC5.jpg
ElginAC6.jpg
ElginAC7.jpg
IMG_6579.JPG
IMG_6581.JPG

Pilot

I got really lucky and found a 'buy it now' post on eBay last July almost just as it was posted for an Elgin Whiteface A-11 and thought there must have been a mistake... but I took a chance and got it for only $200.00! I don't think the guy knew just what he had... It runs great, excellent condition other than the backside is slightly worn from having been on the metal watchband. the crown is worn a bit with minor scratches on the case but otherwise very well kept. still keeps time. I rarely wear it for fear of damaging it. lol!

U.S. ARMY A.C.
Watch Navigation Hack
Ord.No. W535ac-18210
Spec.No. 94-27834
Mfgrs.Part No. 1768
ELGIN

View attachment 30778View attachment 30779View attachment 30780View attachment 30781View attachment 30782View attachment 30783View attachment 30784View attachment 30785
Wow!
great stuff...
Superb! The Elgin white face fetches easily 1200 Euro nowadays if not better in this condition...Wow! congrats.
Thx for sharing.

Griffon_301

What do you knowledgable guys think about the outward appearance of this baby? Is it acceptable?
I still need to get Infos about the technical side and if the watch needs service but it is reasonably priced and I am tempted...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200120-182439_willhaben.jpg
    Screenshot_20200120-182439_willhaben.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 169
  • Screenshot_20200120-182504_willhaben.jpg
    Screenshot_20200120-182504_willhaben.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 178
  • Screenshot_20200120-182524_willhaben.jpg
    Screenshot_20200120-182524_willhaben.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 161

Pilot

all original as per the photos...
To wear?
After inspecting and surely a refurbishment .
Cheers

Last edited:

Griffon_301

I just received feedback from the seller...it is as original as can be but it is working and keeping the time rather fine. But a service should be a good idea, the seller admitted...for 225 Euro it would go including mailing costs so I am really tempted...

Pilot

I just received feedback from the seller...it is as original as can be but it is working and keeping the time rather fine. But a service should be a good idea, the seller admitted...for 225 Euro it would go including mailing costs so I am really tempted...
A service at an experts place is approx. 80 Euro plus back and forth shipping... maybe some better places from others...
My ORD Grad watches as shown on photos sold for max 180 Euro all working all original all keeping time... up to you...;)

Griffon_301

Ah that's why I love this forum...you guys know the ins and outs of pretty much everything I am interested in concerning vintage jackets/watches/etc...

Pilot

Ah that's why I love this forum...you guys know the ins and outs of pretty much everything I am interested in concerning vintage jackets/watches/etc...
Ord watches are worth nothing ( anymore) since too many almost minty on the market...a good one all original max100 Euro...
Also, they were issued plenty of...so still a lot of them in good to minty cond. around ...
A lot of members here believe they got a cheap deal...good for them if minty and below 80-max. 100 Euro at best all working all original...
Crapolabay is full of them in different stages....Greenhorns and shill bidders buy them...:):):)

A2 B3au

U.S. ARMY A.C.
Watch Navigation Hack
Ord.No. W535ac-18210
Spec.No. 94-27834
Mfgrs.Part No. 1768
ELGIN

View attachment 30778View attachment 30779View attachment 30780View attachment 30781View attachment 30782View attachment 30783View attachment 30784View attachment 30785
Wee beauty

bazelot

All of them are either USN BUships or FSSC Navy pilot watches except the Wyler on the left which is private purchase but was owned (and his named and dated on the back (1942)) by a Navy TBM pilot. The watch was given to him by his parents in 1942 (engraving on the back), I actually talked to his gunner who was still around a few years back and he remembered that watch with the customized bracelet. THe 5th watch from the left was owned by David R. Moak (of VMF-214 fame with Greg Boyington, I also have his dog tags, Id papers, his Navy wings, some documents and other personnel items and the bracelet is original to the watch.). He shot down 2 zeros