• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watches to wear with your flight jackets...

PADDY_M

B-Man2

Very Nice Ties!
Is there a way to tell the year of the watch?
Does anyone have an idea of their value on today’s market ?

ties70

Burt,

I think I have a PDF file somewhere... A collector describes the different serial #, dial designs and hardware combinations... Helps a lot to narrow down the manufacturing date...

Best regards,

Ties

Pilot

Love the “Speedy...”.
Easy to ID a pre-moon..just a few little specials compared to later models.
1)the dot on the 70 and 90 on the bezel must be in diagonal.
2)the two “T” on “T SWISS MADE T ” located in a precise space an stop at the indexes/ markers.
3)the È from TACHIMÈTRE...
plus a few little other things ( hands, back, crown, movement etc) ...but basically these are the points for an original unmessed pre-moon.
9F159C1C-76CF-4C25-9663-B135F2583749.jpeg
F2642F39-8B37-4B24-8C65-F512C188D3C1.jpeg

Last edited:

ties70

Sharing my life with Mrs Ties started exactly today, only 20 years ago....I thought, I should wear my "wedding watch" to celebrate this a little bit....

It's a Davosa Insight, nothing special really, but the back is engraved with my wife's name and the wedding date....it was actually her suggestion to get me a watch instead of a classic wedding ring because she didn't like rings on my fat stubby fingers...Lucky me!

Oh, and I got it from the flea market, so it fitted the "something old, something new, something borrowed...." tradition quite perfectly.

Ties