• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watches to wear with your flight jackets...

B-Man2

Hello to all PM´ing me for my Military watches...
First thanks a lot...very pleased an honored for your trust and contacting me.
Secondly, I do not list my sales here since this is a vintage jacket forum and not an expert Military WW2 watch Forum.
Last but not least...WW2 Military watches are something very unique and precious, with a real investment value ( a vintage leather jacket forum may not really appreciate this fact ..sorry for that..)...Real military unmessed watches never ever loose value...Jackets do...
In other words...I dont list my WW2 Military watches here....since not the right place.....but if you are realy keeen and interested ( and happy to invest and value......happy to assist and help...please feel free to PM...but pleeaase no more 100 or 150 US$ queries anymore...thx..)
Bryce
Not having much knowledge in this area what does a good WWII watch that has not been messed with sell for?

Pilot

Bryce
Not having much knowledge in this area what does a good WWII watch that has not been messed with sell for?
On the Crapbay? sorry ..I did not see a 100% original unmessed one ( all parts incl. cristal, crown, hands, dial, back , strap, and all internals...) since ages...Answering your question ...in Japan...starting from 450,—Euro for the 100% unmessed A-11’s up to 1500,— Euro for the sterling unmessed Bulova’s..serviced and working of course...A bit depending on the maker and all over condition...On watch forums...if unmessed 100% original and prior 1945...approx. 30% less than the crasy Japanese prices...but money calls.....shipping/ taxes ( especially for the US...jewelery...etc) goes extra...
A lot of (non watch collectors )non experts will tell you otherwise...but just check it out and compare 100% original unmessed with the greasebay junk......
Most wanted ..Elgin/Waltham black or white dials central sweep...dated 1942...and sterling A-11 bulova’s..central sweep but only if all unmessed and 100% original....plus a few others...
All in all a very similar answer as for a WW2 A-2 jacket...depending....

Not listed here..please PM if happy to invest...thx for your question.

PS: US WW2 watch prices are still “OK “, unlike all Swiss Made ( “ dirty dozen “ RAF UK military) watches and or even higher in price all WW2 German service watches...if in original unmessed condition...but this is as per all original WW2 German stuff...no comparison to allied gear...Experts know this...

Last edited:

EmergencyIan

Since I showed my watches a year or so ago, I’ve gotten a number of inquiries/offers. When they don’t come from the military watch resource forum, the persons are always looking for a deal. I say that they aren’t for sale and direct them to someone who I know is reputable and sells them. However, even though these same people may inquire, they never want to pay the going rate for said watches, even though the particular watch makers prices are not high. So, as Pilot said, and I agree with him, this isn’t the appropriate place, as it turns out.

- Ian

Pilot

Since I showed my watches a year or so ago, I’ve gotten a number of inquiries/offers. When they don’t come from the military watch resource forum, the persons are always looking for a deal. I say that they aren’t for sale and direct them to someone who I know is reputable and sells them. However, even though these same people may inquire, they never want to pay the going rate for said watches, even though the particular watch makers prices are not high. So, as Pilot said, and I agree with him, this isn’t the appropriate place, as it turns out.

- Ian
Thx Ian , 10000% agree...also, had the same low cost inquiries ...

Bombing IP

DSC_0021.JPG
DSC_0023.JPG

Here is my daily watch 300 m Titanium Citizen .

BIP

Attachments

• DSC_0022.JPG
    DSC_0022.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 211

Spitfireace

lol...no problem. I was just wondering what more knowledgeable people thought of this watch. How are things in Cambridge these days?

Micawber

lol...no problem. I was just wondering what more knowledgeable people thought of this watch. How are things in Cambridge these days?

I had second thoughts and deleted it anyway. I haven't been over to Cambridge for a while but over this way nearer to Norwich it's been a really mild winter so far. That said it felt cold on one or two wet and windy days this week. Other than that it's just the usual pre Festive Season spending madness among the masses!

Spitfireace

I understand if people don't want to go out on a limb. I know the distaste for evaluations here. So... won't expect anything other than a "looks ok"

Spitfireace

I had second thoughts and deleted it anyway. I haven't been over to Cambridge for a while but over this way nearer to Norwich it's been a really mild winter so far. That said it felt cold on one or two wet and windy days this week. Other than that it's just the usual pre Festive Season spending madness among the masses!
Nice. Spending frenzy. Luckily I'm only spending for myself. As you can see by my watch post. My dad is from Cambridge, I'm not really familiar with the rest of East Anglia. I'd like to get over there soon. Dad is 94 and worked in a Mosquito factory in the war. Was looking at the Pearl Harbor anniversary yesterday and very aware of the twilight of this generation. Weather here is freezing the last week, scraping the car windshield every morning but now today has warmed up again. We are about the same parallel in Vancouver here, so pretty much similar weather.

Micawber

Nice. Spending frenzy. Luckily I'm only spending for myself. As you can see by my watch post. My dad is from Cambridge, I'm not really familiar with the rest of East Anglia. I'd like to get over there soon. Dad is 94 and worked in a Mosquito factory in the war. Was looking at the Pearl Harbor anniversary yesterday and very aware of the twilight of this generation. Weather here is freezing the last week, scraping the car windshield every morning but now today has warmed up again. We are about the same parallel in Vancouver here, so pretty much similar weather.

Funnily enough I was chatting to someone earlier today and reminiscing about all the WW2 veterans that are slipping away and how only a few years ago it was possible to attend reunions and be around 100's. Just a little further back it was still possible to talk to guys who had survived the trenches of WW1, it brings home how quickly the years pass.
You mention the Mosquito. I was born and grew up near to Salisbury Hall, Hertfordshire where the Mosquito was designed and the prototype flown. They has been a nice little museum there for years which is well worth a visit. The way they were able to employ the furniture industry skills to assist in building the wooden wonder is incredible. A stunning aircraft.

Spitfireace

One of the few Mosquitos in flying condition was restored here a couple of years ago in Sydney BC. I saw it at the Abbotsford Airshow. They are also restoring a Mosquito to display condition in Calgary. Was built from Canadian Spruce wood. You can see it fly on Youtube of course. They say the Mosquito was really the aircraft that won the war for the allies. I think my dad must have worked at Salisbury Hall. He was also there for the first experimental jets.

Micawber

One of the few Mosquitos in flying condition was restored here a couple of years ago in Sydney BC. I saw it at the Abbotsford Airshow. They are also restoring a Mosquito to display condition in Calgary. Was built from Canadian Spruce wood. You can see it fly on Youtube of course. They say the Mosquito was really the aircraft that won the war for the allies. I think my dad must have worked at Salisbury Hall. He was also there for the first experimental jets.

Maybe he did. A large number of Mozzie components were built in the furniture factories in and around High Wycombe, much of the deveopment, testing was done at De Havilland at Hatfield. I miss seeing one at displays. Poor quality fuzzy photo shows a much, much, much younger me at one of the Hatfield air displays in the '60's. Back then you could get up close and personal with the machines..
M & Mossie a.JPG

Spitfireace

Maybe he did. A large number of Mozzie components were built in the furniture factories in and around High Wycombe, much of the deveopment, testing was done at De Havilland at Hatfield. I miss seeing one at displays. Poor quality fuzzy photo shows a much, much, much younger me at one of the Hatfield air displays in the '60's. Back then you could get up close and personal with the machines..View attachment 12424
Nice. You must be around my age (57). I just e-mailed my dad to ask him about where he was working in the Mossie factory. I'm sure I'll get a reply in the not too distant future. He was an engineer and likes technology so he is online.

Micawber

Nice. You must be around my age (57). I just e-mailed my dad to ask him about where he was working in the Mossie factory. I'm sure I'll get a reply in the not too distant future. He was an engineer and likes technology so he is online.

I'm three and a bit years ahead of you and both my parents have been gone for some years, squeeze as much info out of your dad while you can, I mean generally and not just in respect to this. I had family who worked for De Havilland and others Handley Page, both factories were local where I grew up.