• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watches to wear with your flight jackets...

Kermit3D

I love the type 20 chronographs !
They are all superb... o_O
This is very subjective, but my favorite are the Vixa and the Auricoste. We really feel the filiation with Hanhart and Tutima.

Saint-ex

My favorite is the Vixa.
The Breguet is a civilian from 70´s, but the 3 others have a military history, and the Dodane is a former CEV watch.

E91D2EA7-E9F0-46AA-BFE2-F063684A8B2F.jpeg

I’m aware about this Airain reissue and already registered for the next batch.
Auricoste also released a reissue but less desirable by my opinion.

1651986230117.jpeg

But since I have worn these, I do not want a reissue anymore. :p

I start a kitty to finance it. :D

Sideslip

@Saint-ex @Kermit3D - where is the shop in Paris? I am there for work next week and may try and carve out some time, although coming from the UK, the exchange will no doubt be prohibitive!

There is also a kind of antique shop on Rue du Pont Louis-Philippe in Paris (presqu'à la Seine) which sells all sorts of random aviation hardware (propellors, a metal model of a fouga-magister when I was there a few years ago). They had some watches as well and some cool, original 1950/60's French Air Force sunglasses.

Saint-ex

@Sideslip the shop is located 29 rue de Seine 75006 Paris, in Saint Germain and named The Beautiful Watch.

This is not a aviation dedicated shop, they have a lot of Rolex, including a beautiful 5512 Gilt.

I've been thinking about these Type 20 years ago, but I had never taken the plunge, because seen only in pictures.
But now I can't get them out of my head.

Kermit3D

I just received this cockpit clock which was used on many luftwaffe aircrafts (bf 109, FW 190, Ju 87, Ju 88, ...) : a Junghans J30BZ.
It is generally in good condition. Some parts are missing like the winding wheel and especially the serial plate at the back.
The movement is complete, the watch starts, then stops after a few seconds ... it would need a revision.

I was not planning to buy this kind of item, but it was for sale at the crazy price of... 30 euros. Obviously someone who didn't know what he was selling. So it doesn't matter if it doesn't work or if some parts are missing.

Here are some pictures :

DSC_0956.jpg

DSC_0961.jpg

DSC_0967.jpg

DSC_0971.jpg

A picture of the clock in a Messerschmitt 109 cockpit :

tur3a8gk.jpg

Last edited:

kirova

nice!

a quick search on ebay shows even a broken one goes for 350 euros, in working condition they go for thousands!

Kermit3D

nice!

a quick search on ebay shows even a broken one goes for 350 euros, in working condition they go for thousands!
Thanks
Mine is incomplete, which diminishes its value... but I don't mind. I've seen clocks for thousands of euros on ebay (here and here)... but I think the seller won't sell them anytime soon :rolleyes::D

Domi88

here are the three watches that I like to wear with my rough wear....
a mechanical empire made in England, a longines from 1909 and a superb Perret et fils which is for sale

Attachments

• IMG_20220519_170448~2.jpg
    IMG_20220519_170448~2.jpg
    860.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_20220108_112912~2.jpg
    IMG_20220108_112912~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
  • IMG_20220108_112853~2.jpg
    IMG_20220108_112853~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_20220327_130416~2.jpg
    IMG_20220327_130416~2.jpg
    956.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20220327_130238.jpg
    IMG_20220327_130238.jpg
    613.6 KB · Views: 101

Otter

I was looking at the Fife Regatta (classic yachts) which is sponsored by Richard Mille. Never heard of them so I decided to have a look. ....... Hold on to you back teeth, prices start about 100k with most around the 300k Mark !

Last edited:

Kermit3D

Richard Mille makes watches with an incredible technology. On the other hand, and this is very subjective, I really don't like the design of this kind of watch...
As for the price, it may be justified by the level of technicality and the finishing, but it is the price of a house... :rolleyes:

Saint-ex

Richard Mille makes watches with an incredible technology. On the other hand, and this is very subjective, I really don't like the design of this kind of watch...
As for the price, it may be justified by the level of technicality and the finishing, but it is the price of a house... :rolleyes:
Since you are not football (soccer) player, everything is normal.

Ed Rooney

I’ve learned that this model was issued to the South African Air Force in the 80’s. A related model was issued to RAF helo pilots and Vulcan bomber pilots.

I got mine in ‘87, and wore it flying in the service quite a bit. Bezel was good for timing fuel checks.

33 years on this one. I just changed the battery. It is a 15 jewel quartz chronograph, and still extremely accurate. View attachment 42770

Pilot

Hamilton Khaki Field on an Erika's Originals Marine Nationale olive drab (original) colored strap.

View attachment 80773
Nice watch,
Original Marine Nationale strap sure not… with all due respect.
MN straps ( actually straps from parachute bags/containers) are yellow or red piped ( never white or all others sold on crapbay and elsewhere).
Original MN straps have no markings on the buckle like NDC or MN or others..
Original MN straps are just 19-20 mm in width and this depending on age and wear….
Original MN straps have no NATO N# since when issued France was only a consultant member but not active in the NATO itself.
No ranting… just facts about all BS selling on the web.
B81812A8-EDDD-4F3E-86E8-9CF7BE8FC207.jpeg
BC97ABF3-C995-4969-961F-6386F73723C2.jpeg