Watches to wear with your flight jackets...

B-Man2

What's the serial number on the Omega movement ?
I don’t know as I just put it back together. I couldn’t get the case to seat properly, so I had to take it to a watch repair. So I’m not ready to try to open it up again . I guess that’s of no help . Sorry

Pilot

I don’t know as I just put it back together. I couldn’t get the case to seat properly, so I had to take it to a watch repair. So I’m not ready to try to open it up again . I guess that’s of no help . Sorry
No worries at all, its a 1000% legit Omega from the end of 40’s early 50’s.This is a civilian version Cal. 283 of a legit US ARMY version from the same period of time.
A great craftsmanship Omega watch.
Congrats!

Last edited:

Enigma1938

Wearing this milestone in technology right now because I gave it a new battery today.
20211129_195517.jpg
Would be great to wear with some nylon flight jackets, in the best case some nasa jackets ;)

B-Man2

No worries at all, its a 1000% legit Omega from the end of 40’s early 50’s.This is a civilian version Cal. 283 of a legit US ARMY version from the same period of time.
Congrats!
Brice
As usual you’ve come to my rescue . :)
Thank you for that info .

Kermit3D

Congrats!
Are the needles correct ? I had a doubt.
Brice your knowledge always impresses me !

Kermit3D

For the moment it is still out of budget for me... But here is the chronograph I would love to own before the price goes up too much (it is a limited edition).
I can't afford an original Hanhart or Tutima chronograph, and I simply won't dare to wear it... so I think the best alternative is this modern Tutima (limited edition 1941).
The dimensions are the same as the original chronographs unlike the modern Hanhart.

On the left the modern version, and on the right the original.

Pilot

Great!
A nice watch.... and 42mm is easier to wear than 55mm on the original watch. ;)
All WWII Hanhart Tutima’s/ Glashütte Chronos have a diam of 41mm ( even 39mm)
The Beobachter Uhr … “ B-Uhr” has 53/55mm depending on the maker… IWC/Laco/Stowa/ Zenith…
Stay safe and healthy!