Watches to wear with your flight jackets...

MikeyB-17

Well-Known Member
Posted before i know but .... Had my GMT I from new 38 years ago.
Been all over the world with me.
I’m not here to get pissy and slag other makes off. It’s like cars, individual choice but they all meet the same work specification.
Whatever you have, enjoy it and leave others to enjoy theirs. Why do otherwise ?

View attachment 35620View attachment 35621
Pepsi GMT, the one I’d have if I was buying a Rolex.
 

busdrivermike

Well-Known Member
This week we strapped on my customized seiko 007 , about ten years ago I realized
That seiko parts could be interchangeable, so I purchased some parts and my watchmaker
Assembled them for me, I actually painted the seconds hand, I call it the seiko busdriverdiver
It’s called that as I was actively driving a city bus at the time, tomorrow I start computer training
To be reassigned under a duty to accommodate o_O
on a google search in images it actually comes up, that’s kinda cool
A64950BF-7CB7-4DA8-83F5-CFAFFA775DE3.jpeg
 

B-Man2

Well-Known Member
It seems like there’s a wealth of knowledge and interest in watches here on the forum. Is offering them for sale on the forum permitted? I don’t have one for sale , just asking.
It might be of interest to some to permit that if it hasn’t been done before.
 
Last edited:

stanier

Well-Known Member
It seems like there’s a wealth of knowledge and interest in watches here on the forum. Is offering them for sale on the forum permitted? I don’t have one for sale , just asking.
I certainly hope so B-man2! That would be very handy. Someone must have an A-11 to the same standard as the Dunhill I've found they might be willing to part with!:)
 

Pilot

Well-Known Member
Happy to help you out.
Have all A-11 and A-17 (A ) brands : Bulova, Elgin, Hamilton, Waltham, contracts from 1942-1945..( Korea, Vietnam ...) .ORD ...and Navigational ( hack) watches...
Prices ranging from 250 Euro to 400 Euro ...DHL goes extra.
PM welcome.
 
Last edited:

Pilot

Well-Known Member
Thx for all PM‘s
Please be kindly advised , no more Bulova Sterling A-11 left.... most of the others still available...
Thx. for your interest., Thx to buyers.
 
Last edited:

Ed Rooney

Active Member
Here are some of mine.

The Alsta Jaws watch is gone. Someone made me an offer I could not refuse, which was coincidentally about what I paid for the Rolex Sea-Dweller. Pretty good for a $50 ebay find.

The blue casio is cheap and eats batteries, so I don't feed it any more.

The Omega DeVille is from my birth year, and is my dress-up watch.

The Seiko SKX007 is insanely awesome for $150.

I sold off the Planet Ocean and wish I hadn't.

The Sea-Dweller is the lifetime watch that I will hand down to my son. I usually wear it on a nylon military strap now, on the rare occasion that I wear a watch.

Not pictured:

My main watch for 20 years was a Seiko 7a28 Chronograph, similar to the RAF issue watch from the 80's. I flew with this about 95% of the time in the military. The other 5% were Casio G-shocks.

I found a Titanium Citizen Skyhawk in a thrift shop for $10. I guess the owner did not know to charge it in the sun.

3 or 4 other digitals.
 

Attachments

Ed Rooney

Active Member
I would be happy to see you Seiko 7A28-7120 @Ed Rooney
It's a 7a28-7049, from the Fort Meade PX in 1987. The metal bracelet was worn out by showering with the watch* for many years, so here is is on a Bond strap. I'd like to pick up a notched rally strap for this watch.


* Showering with the watch introduces soap into the pins that hold the links together. The soap mixes with other gunk (like skin cells and dirt) and ends up creating an abrasive mix which wears down the pins until the bracelet fails.
 

Attachments

Top