• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Watches to wear with your flight jackets...

Tommy

Apologies if this has been posted already, bit busy as a key worker (transport, not medical) to look to hard right now. Annoyingly my ex RAF Seiko has just stopped running, could be a while before it gets to the Jewlers, but that's ok.

petermack09

Treated myself to this today. Came with a bracelet, but I seldom wear them, so fished out an old Seiko rubber strap until I can get a better one. It's a big lump but I like that. I know Willard's didn't have the gold bits in Apocalypse Now, but hey, black and gold are Cornish colours.
View attachment 32774
I hate this bloody forum at times,,this has got me looking at the seiko samurai now,,I really need to get out more,,,ooh that’s right I can’t ,,:)

bazelot

Today the Bond Seamaster. One of the most beautiful watches ever made.
20200329_165137.jpg

kirova

Some time ago there was a hanhart for sale here & was also on eBay,,trying to find out if it sold ,thanks peter

or, you could get Hanhart's Russian cousin:

View attachment DSC_1106.JPG

View attachment DSC_1108.JPG
the story goes that at the end of WW2, the Russians had taken whatever they could find in Germany as war reparations, and the Hanhart/Tutima factories are amongst them (while the owners escaped to West Germany and restarted their business there).

They started using the same machinery to make these watches after the war, apparently the first batch were even using German parts.

They stopped making it during the 50s or 60s, but started to make replicas of them towards the end of the 90s, but using completely different movements/casing/etc (same for their modern German counterpart).

But even the modern Russian version are getting rare and expensive now, as Poljot, the manufacturer which makes these modern replicas, have disappeared after a series of merger and acquisitions.

I got mine at the turn of the century for around $150, these days, they are around $500 - $600.

Last edited:

busdrivermike

This week I’m going with this late 50s manual wind omega seamaster, I was given the watch 2 years ago
By a fellow busdriver whom overheard myself and others discussing vintage watches over coffee
This was his first watch, hadn’t worn it in decades and I guess I had earned his respect in my 15 years
Working and talking to him, so he just handed it to me, I asked are you sure ? He said yes I think you’re
Gonna give it a good home, so I had it serviced, new crystal and crown and added it to my rotation.
7CF5D075-B0FB-402D-8B7F-C14ED19B77D1.jpeg

Pilot

5A1087B3-5F06-44A1-8448-B296C676E8F4.jpeg

A few WW2 issued Luftwaffe Chronos: Urofa Cal 59 ( Glashütte now called “Tutima” ) and Hanhart.The Kriegsmarine U-Boot Capt. had a similar 2 or one pusher version “KM” marked on the dial.These are very rare. Glashütte the city was Soviet occupied and they took a lot of parts and equipment from all factories and also reproduced this kind of watch...( under the name of Kirova) later they tried to copy them, with more or less success if one compared to the originals.. ( for details see the Konrad Knirim books).

Last edited:

Pilot

Below the Bundesluftwaffe ( post war German Air Force) Hanhart from the 50/60ies.
Hanhart was never taken by the Russians since its factory was based in the Black Forest on the Rhine river...Like Kienzle, Junghans and Stowa, they did some war reparation work for the French military.
Hanhart did some reissue Chrono models, but their success was limited.
7039F24E-6A5D-40CF-9A07-44BF269E6910.jpeg

Hanhart moved to Switzerland approx. in 2010 for “ prestige “ and branding reasons.

kirova

Hanhart was never taken by the Russians since its factory was based in the Black Forest on the Rhine river

thanks for that, learn something new today :)

PS are these watches from your collection?

Hanhart did some reissue Chrono models, but their success was limited.

iirc when it was first released, the price was around $2k, a few years later, they bumped it up to $3k "just because"

not that I would ever spend $2k or $3k on a watch anyway, but still........

and I guess some of you have figured out where my forum name came from? :)

Last edited:

kirova

nice!

I have an A-11 as well, but has stopped working many years ago.

PS anyone knows why are the US watches so small by comparison?

petermack09

Seiko samurai came today and as luck had it I was home alone so no explanation required lol ,only problem is that I will need to remove two links,,ordered a couple of straps & tried it with the strap from my Hamilton,,love the look of it & the lume is unbelievable,,I think I’m going to like it :)
image.jpg

busdrivermike

Wearing this rare bird of a watch, the seiko ANA airline watch
Designed with input from the airlines pilots, only sold through
The in flight store, never sold in a store, apparently limited production
I was dealing with a dealer in Japan for other watches, mentioned I wanted
One of these he said he was going on a flight the next day and got me one
CA272428-B952-402E-AE08-DC77BDDB0B99.jpeg
9623EC8E-BDC3-4614-88A7-F1589B89C953.jpeg
465FB292-2D6F-4F91-A6AA-2CCA304053E4.jpeg