Watches to wear with your flight jackets...

bazelot

All of them are either USN BUships or FSSC Navy pilot watches except the Wyler on the left which is private purchase but was owned (and his named and dated on the back (1942)) by a Navy TBM pilot. The watch was given to him by his parents in 1942 (engraving on the back), I actually talked to his gunner who was still around a few years back and he remembered that watch with the customized bracelet. THe 5th watch from the left was owned by David R. Moak (of VMF-214 fame with Greg Boyington, I also have his dog tags, Id papers, his Navy wings, some documents and other personnel items and the bracelet is original to the watch.). He shot down 2 zeros

MikeyB-17

Treated myself to this today. Came with a bracelet, but I seldom wear them, so fished out an old Seiko rubber strap until I can get a better one. It's a big lump but I like that. I know Willard's didn't have the gold bits in Apocalypse Now, but hey, black and gold are Cornish colours.
DSC_0463.JPG

Smithy

Treated myself to this today. Came with a bracelet, but I seldom wear them, so fished out an old Seiko rubber strap until I can get a better one. It's a big lump but I like that. I know Willard's didn't have the gold bits in Apocalypse Now, but hey, black and gold are Cornish colours.
View attachment 32774
Don't have one myself but I know a few chaps who have those "old school" Seiko divers and swear by them. And it's healthy to treat oneself from time to time, essential even Mikey ;-)

MikeyB-17

You’re not wrong there Tim. I trashed a couple of Seikos when I was wreck diving, eventually switched to Casio G-Shocks, which were cheaper, more accurate and less prone to damage, but I still love the Seiko divers, owned I don’t know how many, but I’ve fancied a ‘Turtle’ for a while now. Really liking it so far.

Pilot

Agree the Turtle is a great time piece.
It has one big problem though...
Its very sensitive to magnetic radiation...
To new gen. of Smartphones, PC‘s , new gen. of industrial computers , Cockpit‘s and others emitting radio waves...
Need to demagnetize it every month...
Here next to my beloved Pelagos...
FA223B44-78C9-418E-99DF-9892B80E4DF1.jpeg
E7170C3B-D97D-477F-9C35-55F1B843ACCE.jpeg