• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Washing sheepskin jackets

MikeyB-17

If the cracking is bothering you, I’ve used this stuff to cover it up with great success (this is black, the one you want is the dark brown). It’s a perfect match for the coating on my Aero B-3.

adfrost

It doesn’t bother me too much, but if I can prevent more that would be ideal. I think I’ll try the suggested conditioner first.

Hi. I wanted to ask whether this would work on a sheepskin coat that is suede rather than leather? I have rescued my grandpa's coat from the charity shop but it is in need of a very good clean. Any advice would be appreciated.

Luigi 79

Buongiorno a tutti
vi chiedo una info
se lavo un b3 fivestar in vasca da bagno con i saponi consigliati da John e Ken, lascio scolare 1 ora senza sollevare e asciugo poi per 72 ore su stendino in piano al naturale senza passare in centrifuga, faccio dei danni?
grazie 1000

Pilot

Buongiorno a tutti
vi chiedo una info
se lavo un b3 fivestar in vasca da bagno con i saponi consigliati da John e Ken, lascio scolare 1 ora senza sollevare e asciugo poi per 72 ore su stendino in piano al naturale senza passare in centrifuga, faccio dei danni?
grazie 1000
Translation:
Good morning everyone
I ask for some info
If I wash a b3 fivestar in the bath with the soaps recommended by John and Ken, let it drain for 1 hour without lifting and then dry it naturally for 72 hours on a flat clothesline without spinning, will I do any damage?
thanks 1000

flyincowboy

It was done on a very old sheepskin jacket that way To get rid of cat pee odor and the dirt. After washing we put the jacket on a mannequin The fleece outside and it works no more strong odor. No apparent damage but it take a while to get dry. So why noy doing the same on a 5 star shearling jacket?

Last edited:

Luigi 79

Traduzione:
Buongiorno a tutti
chiedo alcune info
Se lavo un b3 fivestar nella vasca da bagno con i saponi consigliati da John e Ken, lo lascio scolare per 1 ora senza sollevarlo e poi lo asciugo naturalmente per 72 ore su uno stendibiancheria piatto senza centrifuga, farò danni?
grazie 1000
thank very much

Luigi 79

È stato fatto su una giacca di pelle di pecora molto vecchia, in questo modo, per eliminare l'odore di pipì di gatto e lo sporco. Mettiamo la giacca su un manichino Il pile all'esterno e non funziona più odore forte. Nessun danno apparente, ma ci vuole un po' per asciugarsi. Quindi perché non fare lo stesso su una giacca di shearling a 5 stelle?
Thank very much

Luigi 79

La cosa principale da ricordare è che la pelle di pecora bagnata è molto pesante e molto
Ho programmato di immergerli nella vasca da bagno, lasciarli scolare per 4 ore e poi metterli su uno stendino piatto.
nel trasporto nessun sollevamento ma preso come un bambino, senza sollevamento.
grazie per il tuo ottimo consiglio

Pilot

Ho programmato di immergerli nella vasca da bagno, lasciarli scolare per 4 ore e poi metterli su uno stendino piatto.
nel trasporto nessun sollevamento ma preso come un bambino, senza sollevamento.
grazie per il tuo ottimo consiglio
Translation:
I planned to soak it in the bath tube, let it drain for 4 hours and then put them on a flat drying rack.
Not wearing nor moving it… caring , nursing for it like a baby
thanks for your great advice

FreddyF9

Buongiorno a tutti
vi chiedo una info
grazie 1000
Posso chiederti come mai intendi lavare il tuo B-3? Visto che si tratta di FiveStar, immagino che sia piuttosto recente… Il mio personale consiglio è di non lavare mai prodotti di questo tipo, se non estremamente necessario (per macchie molto estese o odori pungenti ad esempio).

Translation:
May I ask you why you want to wash your B-3? Since it’s a FiveStar one I guess it should be a relatively new piece… IMO you should never wash this kind of garments, if not extremely necessary (because of large spots of dirt or stinging odors for example).

Luigi 79

Yes is a new piece and is not dirty at the moment.
But i leave in italy and i love to wear my sheepskin lather even if the temperatures are not exactly low.
so I tried to organize myself to be independent when it gets dirty. consider that here with us the specialized launderettes don't even know which way to look at a b3

FreddyF9

Yes is a new piece and is not dirty at the moment.
But i leave in italy and i love to wear my sheepskin lather even if the temperatures are not exactly low.
so I tried to organize myself to be independent when it gets dirty. consider that here with us the specialized launderettes don't even know which way to look at a b3
Prepararsi è bene, sappi però che molto probabilmente non sarà mai necessario lavare il tuo B-3; tranne in casi eccezionali. Di norma, un B-3 non avrà mai necessita di essere lavato (buona parte dei B-3 esistenti non è mai stato lavato), per “pulirlo” è sufficiente appenderlo fuori all’ombra per una giornata o due (fredde possibilmente). L’unico trattamento di cui avrà bisogno, è un po’ di olio per idratare la pelle (lato esterno) se questa dovesse risultare secca. In caso di macchie piccole, è sufficiente pulire delicatamente la zona interessata.

Translation:
It’s good to be prepared, probably you’ll never need to wash your B-3; if not for exceptional reasons.
Normally, no B-3 needs to be washed (most of B-3s never were), to “clean” it, you can hang it outside in the shade for a day or two (cold weather preferably).
The only thing it will need, is a bit of oil to moisturize the skin (outside) if it start to get dry.
In case of small spots, just delicately clean the interested area.

Luigi 79

Prepararsi è bene, sappi però che molto probabilmente non sarà mai necessario lavare il tuo B-3; tranne in casi eccezionali. Di norma, un B-3 non avrà mai necessita di essere lavato (buona parte dei B-3 esistenti non è mai stato lavato), per “pulirlo” è sufficiente appenderlo fuori all’ombra per una giornata o due (fredde possibilmente). L’unico trattamento di cui avrà bisogno, è un po’ di olio per idratare la pelle (lato esterno) se questa dovesse risultare secca. In caso di macchie piccole, è sufficiente pulire delicatamente la zona interessata.

Translation:
It’s good to be prepared, probably you’ll never need to wash your B-3; if not for exceptional reasons.
Normally, no B-3 needs to be washed (most of B-3s never were), to “clean” it, you can hang it outside in the shade for a day or two (cold weather preferably).
The only thing it will need, is a bit of oil to moisturize the skin (outside) if it start to get dry.
In case of small spots, just delicately clean the interested area.