• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Was thinking of sketching up some patches and painting onto leather

jeremiah

Believe it or not that would be a hard one to do. Ha. I could go into detail but something like that needs to be perfect because Of the geometry.

B-Man2

Never thought about that. I bet if we had that roundel stamp it would make the geometry easier to deal with. Why not do something of your choosing that you like to do .?
Do you have anything in mind?

jeremiah

I guess I could come up with a sketch and see what you guys thought. I could do a lot of work and get the rondel down but I was thinking more of those cartoon type patches. Like this one. This one is based on a real patch.
6BDB70D2-2ACC-4400-81AC-FB5DE8097C03.jpeg

Last edited:

falcon_ib

If you want to start simple, consider 370th Bomb Squadron or 424th Bomb Squadron, or "Jolly Rogers" 90th Bomb Group.
The 374th Bomb Squadron patch is also a really cool design:
374thBS308thBG_4.jpg

Flightengineer

@jeremiah - it is excellent watercolors.
I also drew from childhood and when later I was carried away by WW2 leather jackets I tried to draw on the leather and got great pleasure from the process and result. The only important moment - this takes time (which I always do not have) and that no one interferes with you (children, etc.).
I'm sure you'll create great patches or back arts.
You have good skills and you just must to try to do something!