• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted, original N-2b

Feliz

Hi, I rarely post and have too few posts to put this in the for sale section so I’ll try it here. I have seven leather, one nylon, and one cotton jacket…….all repos. I’ve been addicted about three months and feel it’s time for an original, I’m in Canada so I’m thinking a winter jacket and i really like the N-2b. If anyone has one and is thinking of moving it would you please let me know, I usually buy a 44 or large, my chest is 43 and I’m 175 pounds, I was 6’2” but at 82 years old I’m down to 6’. Thanks for any consideration. Wayne

B-Man2

Wayne
I have an original N-2b in nice condition made by the Lancer Corp. Its an XL . Let me know if you have any interest . If you do I’ll tell you more about the jacket .
65FED8F2-8265-46CD-A40F-422CC34ECE1E.jpeg
F4DC3760-50F5-40DC-901C-D35C0CE353EF.jpeg

Attachments

• 90864D37-9C57-4306-BD1C-E725FC3AF659.jpeg
    90864D37-9C57-4306-BD1C-E725FC3AF659.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 102

Pa12

I had one years ago but sold it. Just so you know, they’re not very warm.
Hi, I rarely post and have too few posts to put this in the for sale section so I’ll try it here. I have seven leather, one nylon, and one cotton jacket…….all repos. I’ve been addicted about three months and feel it’s time for an original, I’m in Canada so I’m thinking a winter jacket and i really like the N-2b. If anyone has one and is thinking of moving it would you please let me know, I usually buy a 44 or large, my chest is 43 and I’m 175 pounds, I was 6’2” but at 82 years old I’m down to 6’. Thanks for any consideration. Wayne

B-Man2

I had one years ago but sold it. Just so you know, they’re not very warm.

PA12
Was yours a military issue?
The reason I ask is that I’ve owned both and the actual military issues are heavier and have a waterproof liner in the hood that keeps the hood dry in snow . I’ve never been cold in a military N-2b ( except for my ass :D) but I have been cold in a commercial one .

Pa12

It was commercial. I had the trio. Ma1, l2b, n2b. My favourite was the L2b. All gone now except my ma1 which I wore to work and is pretty much knackered now.

B-Man2

It was commercial. I had the trio. Ma1, l2b, n2b. My favourite was the L2b. All gone now except my ma1 which I wore to work and is pretty much knackered now.
I thought that might be the case. I remember that I had a commercial Alpha N-2b first and when I finally found a military one and picked it up, the weight difference was definitely noticeable . Plus the waterproof liner in each section of the hood gave the hood some noticeable rigidity. It really did keep my head warm and dry in the snow.

Pa12

To be honest, I can’t even remember where I got mine. It was around 1985. My n2b felt like an ma1 with a hood.

Feliz

Thanks to B-Man2 for offering to help me out. His jacket is awesome unfortunately we both agreed size was an issue. He was very helpful including taking time to chat with me into the wee hours of the night.

bn1966

They are great jackets . I just don’t get a chance to wear it very often .
Same here with the UK weather but they get an airing during the Fall, mainly wore an N2-A this time around due to my service issue N-2B needing a zipper replacement (found one at MASH). I have an old commercial Alpha version too with the modern insulation. Planning a Greenbrier N-3B for Fall 2022 due to pending semi retirement giving me more time in the great outdoors.

Chandler

Planning a Greenbrier N-3B for Fall 2022 due to pending semi retirement giving me more time in the great outdoors.
Why a Greenbrier, in particular?

The one I bought off eBay about 20 years ago, and wear for the bitter cold, dead of winter days, is a Greenbrier -- but it was more luck of the draw than seeking out a particular manufacturer.

bn1966

N3Bs: I appear to fall between L & XL in the modern variant & having tried both will go with the XL for the Fall. I’ve had a number of Greenbrier jackets over the years & been happy with the quality so will ideally acquire an N-3B from that contractor though it isn’t crucial. The early N3B versions with heavy interlining look better to my eye but will be too warm for UK winters. Had an N3A (Masland) & baked on our coldest day.

B-Man2

I have a military issued Skyline Clothing Co.
N-3b. From what Ive read the Skyline USAF issued jackets seem to be exactly what you’re describing. Heavy weight and while they’re great for very cold conditions, are hot for anything less than about 25 F degrees.

Chandler

I've worn my Greenbrier in cold, long football games and thru driving snowstorms and never felt the cold.

However, I put it on last winter and it didn't seem to be doing the job it had before -- getting old? Me or the coat.

I just had it dry-cleaned and it looks great, so it will definitely get another chance next year. Stay tuned.