• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

W&G A2 Repro

Desoto

Thought some Photos of A2 I used at the National Museum of the Pacific War might be of interest for some to see.
For displays and shows we used many different uniforms, I used this when portraying an Army Air Corp Pilot
Only patch i had is of Rome Air Depot
DSCF9990.JPG
DSCF9992.JPG

Last edited:

B-Man2

Hi Desoto
I think your photos would be much easier to view if you posted them using the full image option. It’s just easier to see.
Cheers

B-Man2

Nice looking W&G repro A2 … !
If you have any photos of you wearing it as an air corp pilot please do post some .
Cheers

Desoto

NICE G1! I'm still on the hunt for one.
doubt if if I have one as a pilot, but will look as I have photos of most uniforms I used as USMC combat Photographer, Army infantry, Marine ., Navy Shore patrol or running the M3 Stuart (hard to know who is driving the M3 ) .
I was putting together a marine pilot uniform when the "satan bug" closed all operations at the Nimitz, I acquired the correct khaki shirt and trousers and boon dockers but not the G1. BTW. Have a NOS pair of USMC khaki trousers dated 1944 in large size if you might know of any one that may be interested.
With the Pacific Combat Zone being closed at this time I have a lot of original and repro uniforms and gear to sell.
Best regards

B-Man2

doubt if if I have one as a pilot, but will look as I have photos of most uniforms I used as USMC combat Photographer, Army infantry, Marine ., Navy Shore patrol or running the M3 Stuart (hard to know who is driving the M3 ) .
I was putting together a marine pilot uniform when the "satan bug" closed all operations at the Nimitz, I acquired the correct khaki shirt and trousers and boon dockers but not the G1. BTW. Have a NOS pair of USMC khaki trousers dated 1944 in large size if you might know of any one that may be interested.
With the Pacific Combat Zone being closed at this time I have a lot of original and repro uniforms and gear to sell.
Best regards
I’ve never done any re-enactments but we have a few guys here who do . Like yourself they all have period kit and look pretty good . I’m sure that at some point they’ll weigh in here and share some of their experiences . Feel free to post any reenactment photos . We always like seeing them .

Desoto

For a reenactor? If he shows up with a G-1, the other guys will be all over him! :D

@Desoto -- we're having fun at your expense -- the G-1 jacket wasn't a spec until after WW2. The Navy (and Marines) issued the M422(a) or AN-6552 (AN-J-3a) -- precursors to the G-1.
Thats OK and Understood, honest, I do know the. difference, should have just wrote nice jacket if I was not going to reference correct ID

ausreenactor

Great work. Had a transfer / decal version of the standard patch. The RAD patch is 'rad', well and truly.

Great work. Have a big USAAF collection here and used to attend some events in the A-2s. Getting closer to the RAAF Museum and the B-24 might drag out the gear again.

Desoto

Had acquired an original with a bunch of photos and material from Rome Air Depot but did not want to use the original so had a copy made that is on the A2, may still have a few photos from the flight test division during WWII if I find them can post if there is interest
Found some photos, see below, about 42 or 43 , Flight test division at Rome air depot in NY