• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VLJ Roll Call

Showerfan

pretty new member here but love this place. Much preferred to the hat one. I mean, there is nothing at all cool about a fedora

since I basically just got the bug in the last year, almost none of my jacket orders have been filled yet, but I’m hopeful Eastman will be finished next week and BK and Aero will start soon. My wife seriously wants to kill me.

B-Man2

pretty new member here but love this place. Much preferred to the hat one. I mean, there is nothing at all cool about a fedora

since I basically just got the bug in the last year, almost none of my jacket orders have been filled yet, but I’m hopeful Eastman will be finished next week and BK and Aero will start soon. My wife seriously wants to kill me.
Tell her I’ve watched lots of cop shows and the spouse is always the first one they look at. It may not stop her, but it might buy you a couple of extra months while she figures out where to hide the body. :D;)

Last edited:

mulceber

While you’re at it, see if she has an expensive hobby you can support. Mutual enabling as a relationship goal. ;)

But disagreed on the hats! A well-made felt hat is a thing to behold. Companies like Optimo are on a par with Eastman, imho, both in terms of coolness, and what they’ll do to your wallet!

B-Man2

There ya go !!
Now seriously, Where can you find counseling like this for nothing. On one hand, you have a noted author and Dr. of Academia, And on the other, a guy who’s been married and divorced 5 times .
Im telling ya.. you can’t find advise better than this at twice the price ;)

Vcruiser

Just happen to notice a roll call even asking about Van. Hardly stop in anymore since I was verbally attacked the last time or two. Oh well, let bygones be bygones. Lets see...I had a stroke in 2013 that took me three years to recover from. My Wife of 38 years died of colon and liver cancer in November of 2016. I was diagnosed with colon and liver cancer in February of 2017. Started chemo..then flew to MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas seven times staying for a few weeks at a time to receive proton radiation on my liver. On my last visit they installed a pacemaker and stent in my heart since I had a mild heart attack from the chemo inflaming some blockage. Then came back home to Indiana for colon surgery. I'm still on mild chemo. My 26 year old Son and I live together and he helps me out tremendously since I remain so weak. Seriously..I felt as good as I did at 19 until 2013 when the stroke hit. Just turned 73 July 1, 2020. Sold all my leather A2s over the past several years except for one repro and an original WW2 Aero..plus a 1968 Martin Lane G1. My interests turned to civi leather jackets. Vanson, Aero and especially Thedi brands to be precise. Thanks for asking about me. Jeeze..I've been a VLJ member since March 2008. I'm still kicking and enjoying the little things in life. Good to see many of you still here. We had some good friendly conversation over the tears. Take care

20191125_145526.jpg

Last edited:

Otter

I am very sorry to hear all that Van. I stopped reading most of the threads over on FL and stopped posting when they brought in the new user agreement which I read and went hell, no!
You just keep fighting Van.

shedonwanna

Van,
sorry to hear about all your troubles. wish i had known you were in texas. i live near md anderson and also received proton radiation. just had my five year follow-up last week. because of covid i did a video chat. really missed visiting the proton center and seeing all the staff. became good facebook friends with my two radiation therapists. like you i'm a long time member but mostly watch and rarely post. i'm still painting patches but mostly for current marine and navy squadrons.

Vcruiser

Quite a massive Hospital complex, isn't it. I was overwhelmed. First time we flew down my Son and I stayed a week at a motel. After that we rented an apartment thanks to the social workers at MD informing us of cheaper and more convenient accommodations . We even got one free flight to Houston through the Cancer Society. Can't help from becoming friends with those so dedicated to help. Glad you are doing well..!!
Van