• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VLJ Roll Call

Nickb123

Pretty decent here, Mom was in rehab in "quarantine" for two weeks moving to a new room today.
Hard to manage her needs from across the country normally, but during this time, it's been nigh impossible.
Day to day is pretty normal sans not being able to see the kids and grandkids, which is a big hole given two are little ones growing up without us to see.
2/3 of my kids without work, but finding gigs to hold over.

Wondering if anyone has heard from Van? I don't go to the hat place so maybe he's there and OK...

Be safe all.

Van just posted on TFL "WJAYWT" thread last night wearing a pretty epic original Aero.

ties70

Still here.

We are doing good. Job is still safe and solid, actually we are in a pretty comfortable situation, especially with my wife being a teacher / civil servant.

It is definitely rough for the grandparents, as we are pretty strict about contact. But hey, I never expected my parents to get into video calls, but they did!

As it concerns Covid-19, we know of only two infected in our family. An aunt is out of quarantine, but we have lost an uncle at 75. He has lived pretty hard for 50 of those years, with booze and smokes, fun and holidays, so we take comfort in the idea that he put at least a 100 years worth in his 75....it is a shame, nevertheless.

With frequent trips to the office and home office, I do not find the time to post very often. I still have a jacket I need to start and finish, but with my daughter being home, time is short. We have started different projects, so I might become one of the future designers for exclusive Barbie luxury bathrooms and kitchens. Newest project is a bathroom with designer concrete floor, ocean tinted, Carrara marble walls, and a large walk-in shower... Completely with a chrome rainforest shower

Take care and stay safe!

Ties

IMG_20200502_175107.jpg

Last edited:

ButteMT61

As it concerns Covid-19, we know of only two infected in our family. An aunt is out of quarantine, but we have lost an uncle at 75. He has lived pretty hard for 50 of those years, with booze and smokes, fun and holidays, so we take comfort in the idea that he put at least a 100 years worth in his 75....it is a shame, nevertheless.

Hey, Ties. Sorry to hear, but I'm with you on that - if I get to 75, I've done some hard time and would probably be lucky to get that far. Awful time for it, but still a long life lived is better than what I'm seeing my Mom going through at 85...quality beats quantity!

Stay safe

Flightengineer

My mom is turning 90 at the end of the month. Dad is 95.

May God grant them health!
My mother is 81, and my father has not been with us for 9 years.
The day before yesterday the mother my friend's died, she was 82 and she had a very bad heart and several medical operations, so the usual flu (not covid-19) turned out to be the last straw for her.

@ties70 , my condolences for the loss of your uncle.
The bathroom design for Barbie is great. I sometimes painted pictures for my daughter, which she used in her Barbie rooms.

ausreenactor

After weeks of working from home I have worked the last two days... in a ROW!

Didn't even get lunch today and left at five! This is BS!

Smithy

Thanks chaps for the concern. All is good with Smithy and his brood in Vikingland. I just decided to take a a couple of weeks off.

As some of you know I lost my job and the sectors I have experience in are completely buggered now and will be for quite some time, and as a result I've gone off and done a couple of courses (over the last two months) to retrain so I can work in the interim in different fields. The last couple of weeks I've been busy with finalising that and also, I wanted to do a bit of a digital/internet detox. I've spent so much of my free time during the Corona crap online gas bagging here at VLJ or a few other internet spots I hang around on, and I was feeling guilty about it. Time for a rest and chuck a ball around with the kids or fix the fence, etc rather than bang away on a keyboard.

I'm back fellas though I'm going to try and be a bit more prudent with how much time I spend online.

mulceber

Good to have you back, Smithy. Sorry to hear about the job - I hope the retraining is in a field you enjoy as well. Really wish this international nightmare would end.