• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VLJ Roll Call

CBI

Fine here. Checking on in VLJ is more of a habit for me now than actual serious interest. Since I mostly work at home (even pre-Virus) its too easy to log on quickly a few times a day but that has been slowly dropping off. Still infatuated with aviation but the jacket bug has really gone away. I know the jacket thing has really gone when I consider some of the great deals I have passed on this year and last with zero regrets. Still enjoy and appreciate looking.

London Cabbie

Pandemic taking so many lives is just awful. Hopefully we are over the worst of it.
Witnessed a global upturn in the usual human kindness and community spirit.
Good to see the people we rely on who are normally forgotten being praised for their commitment and bloody hard work.
Spending this much time with the Family has been the best part.
I hope each and everyone of you and yours stay safe & healthy.

Smithy

Pandemic taking so many lives is just awful. Hopefully we are over the worst of it.
Witnessed a global upturn in the usual human kindness and community spirit.
Good to see the people we rely on who are normally forgotten being praised for their commitment and bloody hard work.
Spending this much time with the Family has been the best part.
I hope each and everyone of you and yours stay safe & healthy.

Good on you mate!

If there's some good stuff that has come out of this and has been a positive, it's been the up swell in compassion and empathy and a re-realisation by a lot of what's actually important in life that seems to have affected a lot of people. Stuff is just stuff but people and family and those you love and care about, when you cut through all the crap, that's what really matters.

Sure there's always the a-holes who buy all the loo roll or act like pillocks but for the most part, I've been thrilled to see people having a little more time for their fellow human beings. That's why I made the point on the previous page, maybe it's a small thing but it's nice to see less BS and fighting on here (and that refers to me too).

Jackets and especially flying jackets are awesome, but people are a billion times more awesome and more important ;-)

Officer Dibley

Alive. Like others, my interest in jackets is not high. Perhaps because i realise that having more jackets than i could possibly wear in what remains of my life is a waste...
Still waiting to be able to say that i know someone who has had The Bug. Or even someone who knows someone who has had the bug. Guess i’m just lucky :cool:
If the bug doesn’t get you, the hysteria will !

Carl

Yoohoo ladies !!! I'm still alive and kicking probably to the dismay of some ! :D .
Week 6 of isolation and cabin fever has set in .
@B-Man2 Burt , thankyou for your concern deeply humbled indeed .
Plenty going on here at the cabin , new display room to fit out etc and finally been able to set myself into the book again .
Some ways to go with it yet !
Hope everyone is ok?
Too many to name individually !
Carl

jeremiah

well. The link shows much of my backyard. I live in Kalispell MT now. Things have been rough but thankfully we have our health and I am working again.
will be end of May before I see my family when they make the move out west again. Once I’m reunited with them and we get some settling here I’ll be back to working some leather on my days off when I’m not exploring this beautiful land I now call home.

also wanted to publicly aplologize to Heisenberg. I think he can’t see my posts but there it is.

SuinBruin

Looks like we've got another month of lockdown here in the Bay Area. Getting some cabin fever (or "quarantine fatigue") for sure but overall grateful that California has been spared what has happened in New York, Italy, etc.

Somehow the wife and kids are still in good spirits (not having to go to school no doubt helps the kids' attitude).

ButteMT61

Pretty decent here, Mom was in rehab in "quarantine" for two weeks moving to a new room today.
Hard to manage her needs from across the country normally, but during this time, it's been nigh impossible.
Day to day is pretty normal sans not being able to see the kids and grandkids, which is a big hole given two are little ones growing up without us to see.
2/3 of my kids without work, but finding gigs to hold over.

Wondering if anyone has heard from Van? I don't go to the hat place so maybe he's there and OK...

Be safe all.

London Cabbie

well. The link shows much of my backyard. I live in Kalispell MT now. Things have been rough but thankfully we have our health and I am working again.
will be end of May before I see my family when they make the move out west again. Once I’m reunited with them and we get some settling here I’ll be back to working some leather on my days off when I’m not exploring this beautiful land I now call home.

also wanted to publicly aplologize to Heisenberg. I think he can’t see my posts but there it is.

What a stunningly beautiful place to live.

ButteMT61

I'm from Butte, MT. Wife and I thinking of getting some dirt there in MT to build on one day...family still there as well as some of wife's. Lovely place. Be safe and best of luck getting through this mess...