Virgil Hilts Sweatshirt

B-Man2

Never really understood why he chopped the arms. Must make putting an A-2 on rather a pain as the material bunches up around your biceps and shoulders........
Dave
I found the answer to that..... McQueens wife at the time thought that one of his best physical attributes were his forearms . He had thick fore arms probably from riding cross country and motocross bikes. So she told MCQueen that he would look sexier if he cut the sleeves and showed them off on screen .
The rest is history ..... 100% true and verified :)

Officer Dibley

Thanks Burt. I had read that he’d had his chinos tailored to be more like the fashion of the time. Whilst his coolness is beyond doubt, it was studied and practiced. He knew what looked good on him. Or you might say he’d have been cool wearing curtains (drapes to you colonials ;)). He knew how to accessorize like an Italian too.
Dave

B-Man2

Thanks Burt. I had read that he’d had his chinos tailored to be more like the fashion of the time. Whilst his coolness is beyond doubt, it was studied and practiced. He knew what looked good on him. Or you might say he’d have been cool wearing curtains (drapes to you colonials ;)). He knew how to accessorize like an Italian too.
Dave
Dave
When I did the Hilts thread earlier this year, I was like most guys of our age and I alway thought MCQueen was the king of cool . I have to admit that once I really got into reading about him .... well the shine sort of came off the apple ... The guy was difficult to work with, and was bit narcissistic, when things didn’t go his way . In the movie “ The Towering Inferno “ he walked off the set because Paul Newman had more lines in the script than he did and he would only return after the script was re written to give him the same number of lines as Newman .

Officer Dibley

Dave
When I did the Hilts thread earlier this year, I was like most guys of our age and I alway thought MCQueen was the king of cool . I have to admit that once I really got into reading about him .... well the shine sort of came off the apple ... The guy was difficult to work with, and was bit narcissistic, when things didn’t go his way . In the movie “ The Towering Inferno “ he walked off the set because Paul Newman had more lines in the script than he did and he would only return after the script was re written to give him the same number of lines as Newman .
Burt, it is apparently true he was a woman beater and serial philanderer........ few of us, let alone those successful and driven, are squeaky clean. It’s what makes people interesting. You should hear what i’ve read about Mother Theresa ! :eek:

B-Man2

Burt, it is apparently true he was a woman beater and serial philanderer........ few of us, let alone those successful and driven, are squeaky clean. It’s what makes people interesting. You should hear what i’ve read about Mother Theresa ! :eek:
LOL!
Was she a hottie Dave? ;)

Members online

Latest posts