• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

vintage photo with A-1s and early (SAT?) A-2

Skyhawk

That's not the SAT. It's 1931. That is the Spalding X-2. No epaulets and no snaps in the collar. Narrow pockets with single layer flaps. Essentially a test jacket during the A-2 development. This photo seems to show the differences from the A-1 and the new jacket possibly.
Interesting.....
Spalding A-2

SuinBruin

Ah, I missed the lack of epaulets and didn't see a leather throat latch, so I presumed it was an SAT. Anyway, a significant photo for A-2 nerds.

SuinBruin

Wow, that went for a lot more than I expected! I hope someone from VLJ got it. It would be great to see closer details of the prototype A-2.

SuinBruin

Me too!

I got it. I kinda had to, it being an original photo of 2 of the jackets I make side by side. Plus I have never seen this photo before!

There are not too many photos of that proto A-2.
Nice, way to go! Happy that it went to a VLJer.

Maverickson

Hi J,

Although I followed that auction I did not bid. It was enough to get a copy of that pic. However, did the back side of that pic name those fellows?

Cheers, Dave

Skyhawk

I will have to get back to you on that. I have been so busy I have not pulled the photo out of it's little protective sleeve yet. Only the front is visible. It is really cool though to have this original photograph from the early 1930's! Amazing that is has been kicking around for so many years.

Maverickson

Hi,

Yes, it would be interesting to see exactly who those fellows were in your vintage pic!

Cheers, Dave