• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage A-2 found in local junk shop.

pathdoc2

Found this gem about 4 years ago in a junk shop in McKinney TX. They were asking about $2500 which at the time seemed like a ton of money. Now in hindsight I feel it was probably worth it. Looks legit to me. Any thoughts on this one.

Edward

Bugs Bunny... the Mighty Eighth, A B-24 AND a B-17?!! :eek: o_O and it looks like its named too! um... ya. thats the ones you want. especially if its in good condition. I can see that price would have been too much for me as well but this is the kind that goes for the top dollars today... almost any asking price considering the content on this one. if he indeed wore that during his tour of duty and the paint isn't post war then you can double the price today! wow!

pathdoc2

Bugs Bunny... the Mighty Eighth, A B-24 AND a B-17?!! :eek: o_O and it looks like its named too! um... ya. thats the ones you want. especially if its in good condition. I can see that price would have been too much for me as well but this is the kind that goes for the top dollars today... almost any asking price considering the content on this one. if he indeed wore that during his tour of duty and the paint isn't post war then you can double the price today! wow!
That's what I was thinking as well. Of course everything in life is timing and sometimes lack of cash. LOL

Silver Surfer

man, i love the pic of the old buzzard wearing it. as an old time, he probably figured that the dough for his prized jacket would help to facilitate those last years. makes sense to me, and a damn nice example.

ausreenactor

Nice jacket and proof hindsight is 20 20 ,amazes me how many times you see a veteran now in his senior years still able to wear a jacket issued to him in his twenties .

Jeff

Robust cardio regimens... I am surrounded by Officers and SNCOs that can barely fit into their CURRENT uniforms..

taikonaut

For a collector yes $2500 is a good price. For me a vintage jacket wearer this is something I don't buy. I don't mind wearing named jacket if the pilot is not too famous and jacket has not been in his procession for a long time before he passed away. If there is too much sentomental connection and it is stil fresh in memory.
For a WW2 military collector this is really something:)

B-Man2

Doc .... finding that jacket, the way you did was probably a once in a life time opportunity. Can you imagine how different this conversation would be today, if you hadn’t purchased it?? It would be “ I can’t believe what a putts I was 4 years ago, when I let that jacket get away”. ;)

pathdoc2

Doc .... finding that jacket, the way you did was probably a once in a life time opportunity. Can you imagine how different this conversation would be today, if you hadn’t purchased it?? It would be “ I can’t believe what a putts I was 4 years ago, when I let that jacket get away”. ;)
No I really didn't buy it and I am kicking myself. :(