• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vietnam leather name tape/badge

a2 fng

Hello there,any idea if this would be suitable to use on either a Nomex or Jungle jacket for say a Nam period Aircav door gunner?

Thanks

DSCF6274.jpg

A

Anonymous

A2 FNG, Door gunner/crewchief from Nam would have I would think Army Enlisted Aircrew wings rather then Sr/Master Static line Parachutist wings. I am not in the army nor an expert but I think that would be more correct for a flight jacket or in this case a flight suit as it was tropical climate in Nam. Good luck with your jacket project.

a2 fng

wing nut said:
A2 FNG, Door gunner/crewchief from Nam would have I would think Army Enlisted Aircrew wings rather then Sr/Master Static line Parachutist wings. I am not in the army nor an expert but I think that would be more correct for a flight jacket or in this case a flight suit as it was tropical climate in Nam. Good luck with your jacket project.

Cheers.

Not realy for a flight jacket to be honest.

I a while back bought an original Vietnam dated OG tropical jungle jacket that had the velcro sewn onto the chest for some sort of insignia so i got these made up but realy should have asked for advice 1st i guess :oops: :oops:

Would be for an Aircav or 101st door gunner/crew chief impression.

Many Thanks

Atticus

Is this the look you're going for? These guys flew in the 1st Bde, 1st Cav (Airmobile)---the "Flying Circus". The Lt. at the left is wearing a 1968-era chest patch that was only worn by someone with a confirmed kill.

The L-2B is a '71 Alpha patched from the 1st Bde, but using a later, 1971-era chest patch.

008.jpg

carolinagame008.jpg

AF

a2 fng

Nice pics :)

Wanted to go with a leather patch for something different as like i said the jkt already had the velcro on it so shame to remove it to sew cloth patches on.

Thanks