• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vietnam Era AN-J-3A?

mulceber

So, here’s one I found interesting:

Burjac Sportswear AN-J-3A. It looks original, has an original Talon, and I did a little googling, and someone seemed to have a 55J14 by them, so maybe it’s a real AN-J-3A? Except it has all these Vietnam patches….

So is it an original that somehow didn’t get issued until the ‘60s? Is it a fake? Something else entirely? Curious to see what you all think. :)

MaydayWei

I don't know about that particular jacket. Seems legit to me.
But let's just say that you should keep an eye on that seller.
After all, a certain flipped Gemini G-1 jacket was bought from this store originally; and, mind you, not for an absurd price. ;)

MikeyB-17

Great jacket. Is it possible that the chap was issued it in WWII and was still flying in Vietnam? There must have been a fair few in that position (Robin Olds, for example).

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

I don't know about that particular jacket. Seems legit to me.
But let's just say that you should keep an eye on that seller.
After all, a certain flipped Gemini G-1 jacket was bought from this store originally; and, mind you, not for an absurd price. ;)
Just to get this straight, the Gemini Recovery Force G-1 was never sold by this store. Neither the first time nor the second time.

917_k

Yup, they are two totally separate stores. That G-1 linked to above is being sold by ‘theinsigne’ (his Instagram name), a well known West Coast vintage clothing dealer (and collector).

MaydayWei

Guys, I meant no disrespect. @917_k @Jorgeenriqueaguilera
If it came across that way, I apologize.

That said, you are both factually incorrect.
It was sold by ‘theisigne’ first -> ‘themajorstailor’ -> then to Jorge.
If you don’t believe me, go ahead and ask.
Not trying to start an argument.
I quite literally saw the Gemini jacket being sold on “theisigne” store.

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Guys, I meant no disrespect. @917_k @Jorgeenriqueaguilera
If it came across that way, I apologize.

That said, you are both factually incorrect.
It was sold by ‘theisigne’ first -> ‘themajorstailor’ -> then to Jorge.
If you don’t believe me, go ahead and ask.
Not trying to start an argument.
I quite literally saw the Gemini jacket being sold on “theisigne” store.
No disrespect at all. Your info was factually incorrect and now it is being confirmed by the main source, "themajorstailor". I also did see the first listing (over 3 months ago) and it was sold by a random account, not the by "theinsigne".