• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vest for A-2 Jacket

rikitiki

With colder weather approaching, any suggestions for a good-looking VEST under my A-2 for casual wear? I tried sweaters, but don't like the feel of it under my jacket.

Last edited:

zoomer

Layering under A-2s is discouraged these days because they’re cut lean to look athletic.

Ongaku

Classic combination with the A-2 is the wool olive C-2 vest (actually a cardigan with a zipper). Because it’s
B54845D8-A4F3-400A-B435-3D33B2711D40.jpeg
thickness and cut the C-2 is perfect for layering under any slim cut jacket...
If you can wear a size S, I have an affordable C-2 by the Real McCoys for sale. It’s an older model that actually has the correct color..
Buzz Rickson’s also just rereleased it. Most affordable option (but less authentic) is the Pike Brothers one..

Smithy

The C-2 is the "authentic" thing to wear under an A-2 but even saying that wear what you want and can fit under the thing. The biggest problem with layering under an A-2 is often the arms can become uncomfortably tight with jumpers and whatnot and especially with those A-2s and repros which tend to have slender forearm sleeves.

I've got a pseudo C-2 that I picked up for a song a few years back which is what I most often wear under my A-2s when it gets nippy, although I can at a pinch stuff my submariner jumper on underneath one of them.

TBH though when it starts getting colder that's when I'd rather reach for a B-10 or an Irvin.