• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very nice ELC Werber B-3 on Ebay

Micawber

I'm not in the market for another repro B-3 but am curious to know exactly what "adjustments" were made. Looks like a repro whistle.

Silver Surfer

kinda what I thought, but why? tear. resetting the tape end seams to sit at the sleeve seams? if that's the case, I don't see what diff it would make. restitching sterling is never a good idea, as the actual hide is pretty thing, and not particularly strong, especially at seam junctures.

Silver Surfer

interesting hypothesis, John. could be. btw: I just reread my posting, and like others it has weird diction and spelling. I assure that I am not dyslexic, nor am i drunk when I write, its just that my new computers have annoying spell checks that seem to want to do what they want to do without regard to context. the machines are taking over....little by little they impose their "knowledge", and "know the right way" IT should be done. hmmmmm.....as the zombies say, "brains"

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
Does anybody know why the sleeves are only 24" with the jacket length 26"? Was that proportion correct for original Werber contract or it's just Eastman's interpetation of the original Werber contract? Or possibly these sleeves were altered/shortened?
They seem way too short, esp. in comparison with the length of the jacket, I'd like to see an opposite proportion in B-3s when jacket length would have been shorter than its sleeves. Gents, am I correct?

Last edited:

John Lever

Does anybody know why the sleeves are only 24" with the jacket length 26"? Was that proportion correct for original Werber contract or it's just Eastman's interpetation of the original Werber contract? Or possibly these sleeves were altered/shortened?
They seem way too short, esp. in comparison with the length of the jacket, I'd like to see an opposite proportion in B-3s when jacket length would have been shorter than its sleeves. Gents, am I correct?
I generally use the MASH charts to get dimensions but remember that some people don't measure very well.

Lebowski

You might not want to sell to this guy.
I generally use the MASH charts to get dimensions but remember that some people don't measure very well.
I do use those measurements too (MASH is really great and helpful source indeed), but John, the sleeves on that eBay Werber photos definitely look on a short side, they look much shorter than on most old WWII photos and its body length looks quite unusually longer, I don't like such "cucumber" proportions. That's what I'm talking about Sir.

John Lever

I do use those measurements too (MASH is really great and helpful source indeed), but John, the sleeves on that eBay Werber photos definitely look on a short side, they look much shorter than on most old WWII photos and its body length looks quite unusually longer, I don't like such "cucumber" proportions. That's what I'm talking about Sir.
I see. Another reason to avoid it.