• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vera Voulik Leather Artworks

B-Man2

Yankee Wahine

Working on the replica A-2 jacket as worn by Leslie B. Moore, member of Dale Darby's crew, 351st Bomb Squadron, 100th Bomb Group. I recommend you the page on 100th BG Foundation which contain accurate diary of his missions, 33!

https://100thbg.com/index.php?option=com_bombgrp...

Original jacket is now in Leslie B. Moore's grandson hands, Les, who very kindly helped me on this project.

Seems every member of this crew made the same design jacket with variation in letterings, with each a different pin-up of 1944's Vargas serie.
The jacket I was asked to paint is made by Five Star Leather, in nice supple horsehide.
Works began with the recreation of original lettering, first layers in white and then added pin-up's profile 1st layers. Blue is now ongoing.

View attachment 70754View attachment 70755View attachment 70756View attachment 70757View attachment 70758
Outstanding art work Vera .
The next time you talk with Les Moore’s grandson , you might suggest that he store his grandfathers jacket laying down rather than on a wooden hanger, which is very bad for the jacket .

VeraVoulik

Outstanding art work Vera .
The next time you talk with Les Moore’s grandson , you might suggest that he store his grandfathers jacket laying down rather than on a wooden hanger, which is very bad for the jacket .

Thanks. I'm already talking with him about leather cares good products ( and what to avoid) and preservation actions ;)

B-Man2

Thanks. I'm already talking with him about leather cares good products ( and what to avoid) and preservation actions ;)
Thanks for your reply.
The problem with wooden or regular hangers is that all the weight of the jacket is on a small section of the shoulders . Eventually the shoulder leather will weaken and cause holes in the shoulders or crack the shoulders .

VeraVoulik

Pin-up on Yankee Wahine nearly finished ;)

yankeewahine.JPG

VeraVoulik

“Outstanding” , just doesn’t seem to adequately describe your work and this jacket Vera . We have to come up with another word or phrase ………. Ok, …how about …. a “Stupendously Brilliant” work of art?
Yeah … I think that does it !

Thank you sooo much for your words! <3 <3 <3

ausreenactor

Yankee Wahine

Working on the replica A-2 jacket as worn by Leslie B. Moore, member of Dale Darby's crew, 351st Bomb Squadron, 100th Bomb Group. I recommend you the page on 100th BG Foundation which contain accurate diary of his missions, 33!

https://100thbg.com/index.php?option=com_bombgrp...

Original jacket is now in Leslie B. Moore's grandson hands, Les, who very kindly helped me on this project.

Seems every member of this crew made the same design jacket with variation in letterings, with each a different pin-up of 1944's Vargas serie.
The jacket I was asked to paint is made by Five Star Leather, in nice supple horsehide.
Works began with the recreation of original lettering, first layers in white and then added pin-up's profile 1st layers. Blue is now ongoing.

View attachment 70754View attachment 70755View attachment 70756View attachment 70757View attachment 70758
Found it!

warguy

Yes, better by far! Then again he probably spent most of his time refueling aircraft. I look forward to watching you complete this one. Your projects are better than binge watching net-flicks. So talented!

VeraVoulik

Yes, better by far! Then again he probably spent most of his time refueling aircraft. I look forward to watching you complete this one. Your projects are better than binge watching net-flicks. So talented!

Thanks! Very kind from you!