• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vanson Enfield

Vcruiser

Due to terrible weather outside(wind and freezing rain)..had to settle for inside lighting conditions for pics of new Enfield that just arrived. This Vanson does seem to rival or even surpass many of the top manufactures in quality and fit for riding. It is tailored such that sitting on the bike..it doesn't ride up in back..or much in the sleeves. The black steer has an abundance of grain in person. Heavy leather..but not stiff..but with a nice crisp hand. Heavy brass zips. It is a comfortable jacket to wear..even when new.. and conservative enough for street wear as well,IMO. This may very well be my "go to jacket" much of the time.
Van

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0314.jpg

Vcruiser

Falcon_52 said:
It looks great, Van. What is the lining material? Nylon?

Noel

Noel
Thanks!
No...I believe it is thick Rayon. Slips on and off easy...but has a nappier finish...and without the cold feel of nylon. It is a pretty warm jacket. wore it today. 30 degrees..windy freezing rain. What probably adds to the warmth are the dual deep inside pockets. The outside pockets are leather lined adding an extra layer of leather as well. If you notice the pics of inside pockets..there are also small tabs for a liner that Vanson offers as an accessory.
Van

Vcruiser

Good Wear Fan said:
Very nice! I was out bid today on a brown HH in a size 50. Yours just makes me want to look even harder now. :)

GWF
I got this off eBay(it is new..didn't even have arm creases). It was to replace my HH Vanson Enfield that was stolen at an HD rally a couple of years ago. This one is steer..which is really much grainier..and just as heavy as the horsehide Enfield. I was delighted with the leather. So..if you find one in steer rather than horse..I don't think you would be disappointed!
Won't get out of my sight this time!
Van

Tommer45

Van, very nice jacket! I've been waiting to see someone post pics of an Enfield.. I always find myself checking them out on Vanson's site. Very cool. Looks like the fit is dead on.. awesome.

Hey Van:

Nice looking Enfield...It should be great for riding. Speaking of which do y'all get much riding time right now?

I haven't been on my bike for almost 3 weeks and I am looking forward to just a little bit of riding time later this week if the weather will allow it.

Vcruiser

one terrific hog said:
Hey Van:

Nice looking Enfield...It should be great for riding. Speaking of which do y'all get much riding time right now?

I haven't been on my bike for almost 3 weeks and I am looking forward to just a little bit of riding time later this week if the weather will allow it.

Thank you
Quit riding here early last November. Temp now is 19 degrees with about an inch of blowing snow on the ground. According to whether we have a cool and wet spring(varies) to what month opens up for good riding. Some years April...worse case..May. However..Indiana weather can be fickle..and sometime quite strange. I have ridden in February with a few days of dry 60-70 degree days.
Van

Vcruiser said:
one terrific hog said:
Hey Van:

Thank you
Quit riding here early last November. Temp now is 19 degrees with about an inch of blowing snow on the ground. According to whether we have a cool and wet spring(varies) to what month opens up for good riding. Some years April...worse case..May. However..Indiana weather can be fickle..and sometime quite strange. I have ridden in February with a few days of dry 60-70 degree days.
Van
Man I'd shoot myself if I couldn't ride 365 days a year (yes, I even try to get a short ride in on Christmas)! :cool:

Vcruiser said:
one terrific hog said:
Hey Van:

Thank you
Van

Hey Van:

Daytona is coming soon you could trailer that little "Sporty" down and have at least one good week before Spring. Give you a chance to break in that Enfield.

Vcruiser

one terrific hog said:
Vcruiser said:
one terrific hog said:
Hey Van:

Thank you
Van

Hey Van:

Daytona is coming soon you could trailer that little "Sporty" down and have at least one good week before Spring. Give you a chance to break in that Enfield.

You know..terrific
After all the rallies that I've been to over the years...I think that I've reached the point that I'd just as soon hit Daytona a couple weeks after the rucus. Perhaps ride down A1A with Mr.& Mrs terrific with some beach time...fresh shrimp..oyster or two..and a few cold ones. I tend to enjoy good company rather than the crowd..anymore. Mellowing out...I suppose.....
Van

Yeah, that would be cool... I am going this year with 5 guys I ride with on a reasonably regular basis. We ride our bikes down every year from up here in Chattanooga and usually have a pretty good time. Sometimes the wives will drive down later in the week but this year we will be "Batching" it. We'll do the races and test ride a bunch of bikes over at the Speedway and maybe a little more...........

DSC_0538.jpg

136-3623_IMG.jpg

100NIKON-DSCN1477_DSCN1477.jpg

100NIKON-DSCN1470_DSCN1470.jpg

Vcruiser

OK...you've changed my mind!
I'll go back again.....

BTW...I see her hand on your shoulder...but your hand doesn't seem to show up on hers...... :mrgreen:

Van

Vcruiser said:
OK...you've changed my mind!
I'll go back again.....

BTW...I see her hand on your shoulder...but your hand doesn't seem to show up on hers...... :mrgreen:

Van

Yeah she was quick to grab my hand and hold it on her hip.

Daytona can be very appealing and you can show off that Vanson in style.

Tommer45

Look for a guy on a blue Bonnie. I took last year off but this year I'll be heading down again. Can't wait!

I live 45 minutes from Daytona, most definetly will be there this year. Since we are sharing photos of pretty girls, I was at a car and bike show today in chilly weather and had a good time :cool:

Picture078.jpg