• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value for money N1 ??

Carl

Who does the best value N1 ?
I'll have some xmas money this year and quite fancied an N1 for a change from the B10's .
Carl

B-Man2

Carl
I have a Buzz N-1 and I’m very happy with it . I got it used at a reduced price and couldn’t say no . I think its about as close to an original as a repro can come.
Cheers

Last edited:

Carl

Carl
I have a Buzz N-1 and I’m very happy with it . I got it used at a reduced price and couldn’t say no . I think its about as close to an original as a repro can come.
Cheers
Being a Buzz Burt I wouldnt expect anything less buddy !
How do the Chinese made variants hold up against the BR ?

Griffon_301

I also have a BR N-1 and absolutely love it... Most practical jacket for doggo walks and the like...
Mine is an XXL and a good fit, not to tight and I can still wear a pullover underneath.
My usual jacket size is a 46 on G-1/B-6 if that helps..

s4rmark

I also have a Buzz N1 and I concur with the above. However, after buying a couple of Bronson jackets recently I would seriously consider their offering.

Carl

I also have a BR N-1 and absolutely love it... Most practical jacket for doggo walks and the like...
Mine is an XXL and a good fit, not to tight and I can still wear a pullover underneath.
My usual jacket size is a 46 on G-1/B-6 if that helps..
I'm just a teeny guy ! 38 normally!

Griffon_301

XXL is a size 42 in BR deck jacket language, at least my deck hook is a 42 and is comparable to the N-1...
Going a least one size down from your usual jacket size for the BR deck jacket should give you a 36 or translated to a N-1 an M size... But it's best to check your actual measurements against the table in the HPA webpage... Their sizing recommendations are pretty good actually...

I cannot tell how the Bronson jackets are sized, but I am sure some other guys can help you in that regard...

Oh btw, BR has done a blue (early) version of the N-1 too, a really nice jacket which differs from the normal N-1s in subtle details...

Ps.: Just checked the HPA page for the N-1..
They have different sizing tables compared to what i have posted and state that a size 44 equates to a XXL for BR jackets...
From my experience that's not entirely true... The XXL is more a 46 IMHO... When I got my N-1 I weighed about 5kg more than I do now and the XXL was a tight fit but it fit... Now it fits perfectly with space for a wool pullover and a CPO shirt underneath without feeling uncomfortable...
My size 46 Irvin feels rather very big now compared to the size 44 I bought recently, just for comparison...I think I am an odd size 45 right now with a tendency back to 44...
If you have further questions, feel free to ask :)

Last edited:

mulceber

Yeah, that’s my inclination as well. An argument could be made for BK as a compromise between price and quality/accuracy, but if we’re taking best bang for your buck (which maybe we aren’t - the question is a little ambiguous), then I think it’s gotta be Bronson.

dinomartino1

Bronson 40 is pretty much the same size as the cheaper version BR size medium and fits like a 38 not a 40.
Bronson 38 would be very small.
The Bronson N1 is better than the cheaper version BR, I have had both.
Outer shell material. weight and overall feel of quality is superior on the Bronson.
If you gave both jackets to normal people to choose from with most I think would pick the Bronson.
The collar and lining are better on the BR but not by much and the zip is better looking.