• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USN Windflap perforation G1 Jackets?

Enigma1938

Hello folks

I wonder which jackets from the G1 model and it's ancestors (M422 on...) had the USN perforated windflaps? I searched the web up and down but have still no answer. Did the 55J14 had that feature?

Thank you
Chris

917_k

I’m pretty sure the 55J14 definitely didn’t have the perforation. I have a Caglego Sportswear 7823 AER series which has both the perforation and USN marking on the collar, which I believe is from 1958, so I guess somewhere around that date was the switchover? I think 7823b series onwards all have the perforated flap, as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

Grant

Correct, the 55J14 didn't have a perforated wind flap. The earliest perforated wind flap G-1 I've seen was the 1956 contract Cagleco 7823 series. It had both USN perforated wind flap and USN stenciled under the collar. I regret selling that one!

Enigma1938

Aah, thank you for your help :) That helps for my research. Lately I try to learn more about navy jackets.

917_k

I stand corrected, my Caglego with both perforated windflap and USN collar marking is from 1957. Pretty interesting that Caglego went with both markings on some of their final jackets?