• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USN Deck Zip project [Bronson MOD]

Geeboo

No. I cannot do all this. My strength is details. I decide the exact cut/ pattern, materials & sourcing, I even do the hand-fading. But I cannot use a sewing machine, I pass all the materials to my tailor for the final assembly - whom is good at sewing but knows nothing about what is period correct or cut or an appreciation of the specific material used. The final result is the credital of my attention to details & my tailor's ability to execute exactly what I require him to do, that is very very important in customed-made jackets.
I am going to make from scratch a blue N-1 & a deck hook jacket from a piece of blue jungle cloth I purchased recently. :)
I only do replica that is difficult to find an original or tooooo expensive [usu. over US$1300] to buy an original. For mediocre common models, I buy the originals/ retros

Last edited:

Thomas Koehle

And kiss the soil where he walks ...

Absolute awesome job! For this jacket is almost not to recognize from a original- heavily worn piece.

Full respect for your eye for the detail and your tailor (the needle witch ...). :)

No joke!

Impressive outcome of your project!

ausreenactor

the label arrived, it looks ok.
Just read from atthefront website that there is a thin nylon in between the shell & the wool lining for wind proofing in 1st pattern deck zip jkt. Since they claimed they have dissectedView attachment 5138 an original to reproduce - I trust them & will add such.
By then, an original zip deck must be very very warm cos a thick shell + a wool lining is already warm enough, adding such a wind proof nylon will make it un-wearable in Most of the days - esp. in Hong Kong where i live !

I would think twice about the lining. It 'rustles' and restricts movement marginally. BR did two versions. Tim got gifted my 'lined' Deck Zip and can attest to the noise and feel. I have the unlined version. It is better-er.

Just my two cents..

Couchy

B-Man2

This is an old thread and I haven’t seen Geeboo around here for a while . Shame because he was a pretty good addition to the forum and put together some nicely done upgrades to a few repro jackets .

Geeboo

Hi B-Man2 & others fellas,
I am still here but not come quite as often. I am glad that B-Man2 still remember about me. :>
Still do jackets as a hobby, but not as often cos I really, really have too many jackets.
Here is the latest FYI - a Eddie Bauer type Kara Koram down jacket
The final buttons are the 2 holes version I especially sourced for this jacket - the tailor got it wrong initally & put a 4 hole version B4 which i still cannot source the correct 2 hole version and therefore I also attached a pack of 4 holes as an insurance.
Arrived photo 20Jan21.jpg
Arrived photo 20Jan21_1.jpg
Arrived photo 20Jan21_2.jpg
Arrived photo 20Jan21_3.jpg
Arrived photo 20Jan21_4.jpg
Arrived photo 20Jan21_5.jpg

B-Man2

Hi Geeboo
Great to hear from you . I hope all is well with you and your family in these crazy times.
We miss you and your expertise, please stop by and say hi whenever you have free time .
Nice looking Eddie Bauer !
Cheers