• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USN decals

JonnyCrow

fn8aR50.jpg

JonnyCrow

I think it's just as good to buy the oil board stencil, they sell them around, and do the old way, sponge the paint on

warguy

Interesting thanks guys. With the one above, I was wondering if the one with hook fastners and the blue shorter waist version (cant remember the style) had the USN on the chest. I am still not crystal clear if the full length zip blue N1 had it on the chest…..is the Bob Dong model above accurate With the USN on chest? Again, in the period, I thought it was just across the back. And I have never seen the USN under the collar like the M422. I am guessing again that is artistic liberty?

JonnyCrow

Interesting thanks guys. With the one above, I was wondering if the one with hook fastners and the blue shorter waist version (cant remember the style) had the USN on the chest. I am still not crystal clear if the full length zip blue N1 had it on the chest…..is the Bob Dong model above accurate With the USN on chest? Again, in the period, I thought it was just across the back. And I have never seen the USN under the collar like the M422. I am guessing again that is artistic liberty?
When you start digging it's amazing what pops up, I saw photos of n1 with designs on the back, but that's customising issued uniform, as for Bob dong and the others with usn on the front, I'd be interested to know that also

Last edited:

JonnyCrow

I believe a hooked jacket is the earlier

warguy

Wow Johnny the one in post 24 now has USN on the wrong side! I am sure to accomodate the patch. Fun thread though, always nice to see these jackets.

Spitfireace

The blue one with USN on the right chest instead of left is really getting far from authenticity. You can notice that it also has only five buttons instead of the spec six.

JonnyCrow

The blue one with USN on the right chest instead of left is really getting far from authenticity. You can notice that it also has only five buttons instead of the spec six.
Oh I agree with that, USN on the right, that's a no no, pure Frankenstein haha

JonnyCrow

Wow Johnny the one in post 24 now has USN on the wrong side! I am sure to accomodate the patch. Fun thread though, always nice to see these jackets.
Yeah on the right, pure fantasy, the others I can semi kind of agree with some of them