• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USN decals

JonnyCrow

U.S.N decals from Mimura Yong, $3.98 for two, I haven't seen these in Mash
MVIMG_20221205_122021.jpg

warguy

I saw those for sale on ebay. They are displayed and marketed for use on the front of the blue N-1 jacket. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the early first pattern “blue” N-1 have US Navy across the back and nothing on the chest?

JonnyCrow

I saw those for sale on ebay. They are displayed and marketed for use on the front of the blue N-1 jacket. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the early first pattern “blue” N-1 have US Navy across the back and nothing on the chest?
You could be right, you mean like this? I know the 43/44 pattern had USN front
A-vintage-N1-deck-jacket-in-the-original-navy-blue..jpg

B-Man2

U.S.N decals from Mimura Yong, $3.98 for two, I haven't seen these in Mash

View attachment 87877
Those are fairly small . I purchase one and used it on a 37J1 USN jacket and wasn’t happy with the size of the letters.Ok for N-1s but not for what I was using it for . The top jacket was the size lettering I was hoping to receive. See below
14763868-2E1C-4C13-88E2-5B9CB3118172.jpeg

JonnyCrow

Those are fairly small . I purchase one and used it on a 37J1 USN jacket and wasn’t happy with the size of the letters.Ok for N-1s but not for what I was using it for . The top jacket was the size lettering I was hoping to receive. See below
View attachment 87925
Burt I've seen both used and on original jackets, the bottom I've seen that size on clear original jackets, especially with the dot spacing

B-Man2

Thanks for the info JC.
I think the difference was that the smaller USN I used was an iron on, where as the one you just posted is a stencil . Both jackets are 37J1 jackets . The top one is a Good Wear .

JonnyCrow

Thanks for the info JC.
I think the difference was that the smaller USN I used was an iron on, where as the one you just posted is a stencil . Both jackets are 37J1 jackets . The top one is a Good Wear .
I think most are iron on, even the Mash Army Air Force ones though good, I know where there are some original leather jacket decals for sale, instructions on back say dip in water, meanwhile using leather cement, take out of water and place on leather cement

warguy

Yep you nailed it, the back of the blue N1 carried the US Navy in white. The front stencil was on the khaki (in black). So what would white USN stencil be used for?

JonnyCrow

Yep you nailed it, the back of the blue N1 carried the US Navy in white. The front stencil was on the khaki (in black). So what would white USN stencil be used for?
Look at this, wow 1200 bucks pffft