• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USN BOYT shoulder holster

Thomas Koehle

Whilst "re arranging" my mancave i found a lot of stuff which i actually did not remember to own it ...

one Piece is this 1944 dated USN BOYT M3 shoulder Holster for the victory Revolver

i tucked it away years ago separated in a plastic bag coz it had some mildew on it - now much later i reopened that bag and found the Holster almost entirely covered in the crap

4U9jyOK.jpg

lbsz8n6.jpg

no Problem - a gentle wash with warm water and saddle Soap solved the Problem

NWHcksl.jpg

8zgD5Ez.jpg

vtIAL4T.jpg

the press button of the belt Loop popped off (as with almost 50% of the shoulder-Holsters i won) but as Long as all parts are still there (the male part usually stucks in the female part attached to the Loop) it is an easy fix

B001jGh.jpg

B-Man2

Whilst "re arranging" my mancave i found a lot of stuff which i actually did not remember to own it ...

one Piece is this 1944 dated USN BOYT M3 shoulder Holster for the victory Revolver

i tucked it away years ago separated in a plastic bag coz it had some mildew on it - now much later i reopened that bag and found the Holster almost entirely covered in the crap

4U9jyOK.jpg

lbsz8n6.jpg

no Problem - a gentle wash with warm water and saddle Soap solved the Problem

NWHcksl.jpg

8zgD5Ez.jpg

vtIAL4T.jpg

the press button of the belt Loop popped off (as with almost 50% of the shoulder-Holsters i won) but as Long as all parts are still there (the male part usually stucks in the female part attached to the Loop) it is an easy fix

B001jGh.jpg
Nice job bringing it back to life.
I would give it a very light coat of Pecards once it dries from the saddle soaping to keep the leather from drying out. What else did you find?:)

Stony

That looks like the holster for a .38 cal. Victory revolver. Can you post a picture of the whole holster? Thanks!

Thomas Koehle

Nice job bringing it back to life.
I would give it a very light coat of Pecards once it dries from the saddle soaping to keep the leather from drying out. What else did you find?:)

WW2 "Luftschutz" (civil defense) helmet

ZYZ7zba.jpg

rubber cover - as far as i know was planned to be used at the normandy landings but no sufficient numbers could have been produced - in like new condition

56knASl.jpg

AFRmE8B.jpg

griswold bag - purchased before the "Band of Brothers" Hype - was told the contract number indicates it was produced somewhen in the 1980ies

H1moSrD.jpg

ROGvUEC.jpg

and "mine testing" set - well some items are missing but i like it anyway

BBLaLaG.jpg

TpMZsyK.jpg

i'm pretty sure i will stumble apon some more stuff when continuing - well post pics as stuff Pops up

B-Man2

Thomas
It’s like Christmas morning all over again when you find stuff that you forgot you had. The condition of the Luftschutz helmet and decal looks pretty good for its age.

Thomas Koehle

Thomas
It’s like Christmas morning all over again when you find stuff that you forgot you had. The condition of the Luftschutz helmet and decal looks pretty good for its age.

Yeah - that's really like X-Mas ...

For the LS helmet when i was a kid things like that where still around and easy to get for free - found this one when me brother and me gone for looting on a contruction site where an old Company was demolished - was just a bit dusty

the inside - the liner is not made from leather but from a "Ersatz-Stoff" as a substitude - Looks and feels more like plastic

ZF4JDvT.jpg

p2y7TP5.jpg

There where so called "Kradmelder" (dispatch-rider) helmets issued with also that kinda "rim" around the crown - was meant to Support the rubberband of the Kradmelder-goggles but never seen an original by myself

B-Man2

Yeah - that's really like X-Mas ...

For the LS helmet when i was a kid things like that where still around and easy to get for free - found this one when me brother and me gone for looting on a contruction site where an old Company was demolished - was just a bit dusty

the inside - the liner is not made from leather but from a "Ersatz-Stoff" as a substitude - Looks and feels more like plastic

ZF4JDvT.jpg

p2y7TP5.jpg

There where so called "Kradmelder" (dispatch-rider) helmets issued with also that kinda "rim" around the crown - was meant to Support the rubberband of the Kradmelder-goggles but never seen an original by myself
Thomas
Not your traditional Luftschutz helmet with the extended tail as well. Your looks to be an M-1935 model with the standard rolled edge. From my limited knowledge “ Ersatz “ was a compressed paper type of material that was used late in the war as a substitute for leather . I had an Ersatz P.38 holster at one time. It was used for other items as well. Cool artifacts Thomas.

Stony

I have one of these and have been looking for the six round pouch that goes on the web belt, but those are hard to find.

Stony

if you Need something let me know - maybe i find some "leftovers" in the stash i'm currently moving ... :)

If you have one of the six round pouches, I will definitely be interested.

taikonaut

I have one of these M3 shoulder holster which I wore inside of my A2 jacket years ago but others thought it was funny way to wear it and reminded me they should only be worn outside the jacket. I know they were worn by pilots but always felt the only convenient way of wearing it is inside the jacket to avoid catching anything such as a mae vest, etc.
Anyway here is a period photo showing pilots with shoulder holsters intended to be worn underneath the jacket

44346285_2174546682761228_5194429079524212736_o.jpg