USN BOYT shoulder holster

Discussion in 'Related Gear' started by Thomas Koehle, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Well-Known Member

Whilst "re arranging" my mancave i found a lot of stuff which i actually did not remember to own it ...

one Piece is this 1944 dated USN BOYT M3 shoulder Holster for the victory Revolver

i tucked it away years ago separated in a plastic bag coz it had some mildew on it - now much later i reopened that bag and found the Holster almost entirely covered in the crap

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

no Problem - a gentle wash with warm water and saddle Soap solved the Problem

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the press button of the belt Loop popped off (as with almost 50% of the shoulder-Holsters i won) but as Long as all parts are still there (the male part usually stucks in the female part attached to the Loop) it is an easy fix

[​IMG]

Flightengineer and B-Man2 like this.
  2. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Nice job bringing it back to life.
    I would give it a very light coat of Pecards once it dries from the saddle soaping to keep the leather from drying out. What else did you find?:)

Thomas Koehle likes this.
  3. Stony

Stony Well-Known Member

That looks like the holster for a .38 cal. Victory revolver. Can you post a picture of the whole holster? Thanks!

4. Thomas Koehle

indeed this is what i already stated ... - if you check all pics there are some showing the whole Holster ...

5. Thomas Koehle

WW2 "Luftschutz" (civil defense) helmet

[​IMG]

rubber cover - as far as i know was planned to be used at the normandy landings but no sufficient numbers could have been produced - in like new condition

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

griswold bag - purchased before the "Band of Brothers" Hype - was told the contract number indicates it was produced somewhen in the 1980ies

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and "mine testing" set - well some items are missing but i like it anyway

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i'm pretty sure i will stumble apon some more stuff when continuing - well post pics as stuff Pops up

dinomartino1, falcon_ib and B-Man2 like this.
  6. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Thomas
    It’s like Christmas morning all over again when you find stuff that you forgot you had. The condition of the Luftschutz helmet and decal looks pretty good for its age.

7. Thomas Koehle

Yeah - that's really like X-Mas ...

For the LS helmet when i was a kid things like that where still around and easy to get for free - found this one when me brother and me gone for looting on a contruction site where an old Company was demolished - was just a bit dusty

the inside - the liner is not made from leather but from a "Ersatz-Stoff" as a substitude - Looks and feels more like plastic

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There where so called "Kradmelder" (dispatch-rider) helmets issued with also that kinda "rim" around the crown - was meant to Support the rubberband of the Kradmelder-goggles but never seen an original by myself

dinomartino1 and B-Man2 like this.
  8. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Thomas
    Not your traditional Luftschutz helmet with the extended tail as well. Your looks to be an M-1935 model with the standard rolled edge. From my limited knowledge “ Ersatz “ was a compressed paper type of material that was used late in the war as a substitute for leather . I had an Ersatz P.38 holster at one time. It was used for other items as well. Cool artifacts Thomas.

9. Stony

Stony Well-Known Member

I have one of these and have been looking for the six round pouch that goes on the web belt, but those are hard to find.

10. Flightengineer

Flightengineer Well-Known Member

Thomas, you can open small museum.

Pilot likes this.
  11. Thomas Koehle

if you Need something let me know - maybe i find some "leftovers" in the stash i'm currently moving ... :)

12. Stony

Stony Well-Known Member

If you have one of the six round pouches, I will definitely be interested.