• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USCockWingsUSA does it again: frontal assault on the A-1

zoomer

Once again, Give Us Your Money Because It's Made In The US of F***in' A!

50811290_2370832019594537_5567532742498844672_n.jpg

Giant side entry pockets? Check. "Knit" parts (actually insta-pill acrylic)? Check. Giant label? Check. Multiple MADE IN USA tags? Check. Priced higher than some better quality reproductions? Checkorooni.

"By using superior soft grade lambskin, Cockpit USA’s A-1 Leather flight jacket is our interpretation of the 1926 specified South African Cape skin." Lambskin is superior because it wears faster and rips easier, so you'll be buying another jacket sooner. That's their interpretation, you can bet your Made In USA greenback dollar.

50804148_2370833536261052_7036176408271388672_n.jpg

Flightengineer

It would be strange if it were otherwise. They always went their own way, not forgetting to tell stories about exact copies and reproduction of originals. Never liked their jackets.

zoomer

After I shared these thoughts on a well known social medium, some blowhard, who either flies a lot of military jets or gets his pic taken standing on ladders in front of them, gave me a round of ass, saying:
- lamb and cape are the same except cape is South African. Too complex to to go into here, except that cape is, among other things, actually longer wearing.
- the knits are wool/nylon. If any CPT knit contains nylon, there's an awful lot of it in there. an awful lot.
- had I ever worn a jacket in flight? Wha? C’mon dude, we're talking wearing f'in jackets here, not actual flying.
- and...in direct contradiction to all those Certificate of Authenticity tags...that CPT does not actually claim authenticity.

Full disclosure: the guy apparently IS a 20 year USAF pilot, a combat veteran, and also a partner in CPT. Am I going to hell for this?

Last edited:

silvio76

After I shared these thoughts on a well known social medium, some blowhard, who either flies a lot of military jets or gets his pic taken standing on ladders in front of them, gave me a round of ass, saying:
- lamb and cape are the same except cape is South African. Too complex to to go into here, except that cape is, among other things, actually longer wearing.
- the knits are wool/nylon. If any CPT knit contains nylon, there's an awful lot of it in there. an awful lot.
- had I ever worn a jacket in flight? Wha? C’mon dude, we're talking wearing f'in jackets here, not actual flying.
- and...in direct contradiction to all those Certificate of Authenticity tags...that CPT does not actually claim authenticity.

Full disclosure: the guy apparently IS a 20 year USAF pilot, a combat veteran, and also a partner in CPT. Am I going to hell for this?
CPT is their fashion sportswear collection. I did not know Clymans have a partner, i thought they are only owners of Cockpit. You can not expect any authenticity from them.

zoomer

> CPT is their fashion sportswear collection.

OK cool...thought I saw "CPT USA" somewhere but heck, I'll just call 'em The Pit when USCWUSA is too long to use.

As to partner, I don't know. Maybe I meant employee.

Last edited: