USCockWingsUSA does it again: frontal assault on the A-1

Discussion in 'General Flight Jacket Discussion' started by zoomer, Jan 26, 2019.

1. zoomer

zoomer Well-Known Member

Once again, Give Us Your Money Because It's Made In The US of F***in' A!

50811290_2370832019594537_5567532742498844672_n.jpg

Giant side entry pockets? Check. "Knit" parts (actually insta-pill acrylic)? Check. Giant label? Check. Multiple MADE IN USA tags? Check. Priced higher than some better quality reproductions? Checkorooni.

"By using superior soft grade lambskin, Cockpit USA’s A-1 Leather flight jacket is our interpretation of the 1926 specified South African Cape skin." Lambskin is superior because it wears faster and rips easier, so you'll be buying another jacket sooner. That's their interpretation, you can bet your Made In USA greenback dollar.

50804148_2370833536261052_7036176408271388672_n.jpg

silvio76 likes this.
  2. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

3. Edward

Edward Well-Known Member

ugh... why? :p

4. Bombing IP

Bombing IP Well-Known Member

No shame

BIP

5. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

From the pictures that leather looks like it has all the character of a fridge door.

6. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

You guys are being a little hard on them aren’t ya?:eek:
    I’m mean it’s not like they’ve been at this sort of thing that long:rolleyes:

https://www.cockpitusa.com/the-cockpit-story/

(Just in case this doesn’t translate properly, this is your basic sarcasm here folks;))

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    zoomer and Smithy like this.
  7. Flightengineer

Flightengineer Well-Known Member

It would be strange if it were otherwise. They always went their own way, not forgetting to tell stories about exact copies and reproduction of originals. Never liked their jackets.

8. Lebowski

Lebowski Well-Known Member

The jacket looks traditional for that brand.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  9. MikeyB-17

MikeyB-17 Well-Known Member

I bought a copy of their ‘Cowboys of the sky’ book many years ago. Best laugh I’ve had in years.

zoomer and Flightengineer like this.
  10. zoomer

zoomer Well-Known Member

After I shared these thoughts on a well known social medium, some blowhard, who either flies a lot of military jets or gets his pic taken standing on ladders in front of them, gave me a round of ass, saying:
    - lamb and cape are the same except cape is South African. Too complex to to go into here, except that cape is, among other things, actually longer wearing.
    - the knits are wool/nylon. If any CPT knit contains nylon, there's an awful lot of it in there. an awful lot.
    - had I ever worn a jacket in flight? Wha? C’mon dude, we're talking wearing f'in jackets here, not actual flying.
    - and...in direct contradiction to all those Certificate of Authenticity tags...that CPT does not actually claim authenticity.

Full disclosure: the guy apparently IS a 20 year USAF pilot, a combat veteran, and also a partner in CPT. Am I going to hell for this?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  11. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

i sure hope so. that way you will meet up with most of us......tis better to rule in hell, then to serve in heaven..

Flightengineer and zoomer like this.
  12. Otter

Otter Active Member

We have cookies you know........dark chocolate chip !

And that jacket is bland.

13. silvio76

silvio76 Active Member

CPT is their fashion sportswear collection. I did not know Clymans have a partner, i thought they are only owners of Cockpit. You can not expect any authenticity from them.

14. zoomer

zoomer Well-Known Member

> CPT is their fashion sportswear collection.

OK cool...thought I saw "CPT USA" somewhere but heck, I'll just call 'em The Pit when USCWUSA is too long to use.

As to partner, I don't know. Maybe I meant employee.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019