• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAF field jacket help with info please?

robrinay

I know that the OG bit refers to olive green but would someone explain the rest of the label
8CD050CF-1849-40D7-9FDF-AF6DEC8E3E5E.jpeg
8CD050CF-1849-40D7-9FDF-AF6DEC8E3E5E.jpeg
bel

Last edited:

917_k

Yep, it’s one of those Air Force issue field jackets from the 50s-70s that have the slightly funny looking collar with attached hood (bit like the M-65).

To explain the label, size large means it’s large jacket...haha, you knew that right? OG-107 is indeed the shade of OG, MIL-J stands for ‘military-jacket’ followed by the corresponding item number. MFG Div PQMD is the Philadelphia Quartermaster Depot, whilst the contract number below indicates a contract date of 1960.

robrinay

Yep, it’s one of those Air Force issue field jackets from the 50s-70s that have the slightly funny looking collar with attached hood (bit like the M-65).

To explain the label, size large means it’s large jacket...haha, you knew that right? OG-107 is indeed the shade of OG, MIL-J stands for ‘military-jacket’ followed by the corresponding item number. MFG Div PQMD is the Philadelphia Quartermaster Depot, whilst the contract number below indicates a contract date of 1960.
Excellent I wondered whether the 60 meant 1960. So it’s nearly as old as me but unlike me is in near mint condition
Thank you
Rob